Chapter 17

Although she was exhausted, Ziva was excited about the opportunity to spend quality time with Timmy. All of the drama regarding the McGees and the adoption had subsequently made it harder for her to even cuddle with him. Now, she had at least six hours of one on one time until Abby arrived. Carefully navigating the snowy side streets she was relieved when she pulled into Gibbs' driveway and put the car in park. Even though she was a trained assassin and normally calm, cool and collected under pressure, driving Timmy home had been a nerve-wracking experience. If anything bad happened to the toddler while he was in her possession she didn't know if Gibbs would ever forgive her.

"We are home Timmy." She announced, climbing out of the car and slamming the door.

Tim jolted awake and began to panic when he didn't hear Gibbs' voice. Rubbing his eyes he whimpered, "Wan muh Dada."

Ziva gently stroked Tim's cheek and tried to reassure him, "Your daddy is at the hospital taking care of Grandpa Ducky, remember? I am going to stay with you until he gets back and we are going to have so much fun together." Tim appeared satisfied with her explanation and stretched lazily as she unbuckled him from the car seat.

"Baba?" Tim asked as Ziva lifted him out of the car and into her arms. "Yes, I will get you a nice warm bottle once we get inside." Trekking through the snow up to the front door she unlocked it and stepped inside. Shivering, she headed straight to the thermostat and bumped the temperature up several degrees. Tapping Timmy on the nose she smiled and said, "I know it is cold right now, but it will heat up quickly."

"Baba!" Tim shrieked as she dropped the diaper bag and headed toward the couch. "I will get you a bottle as soon as I take off your coat and hat, sweetie." Depositing the youngster on the couch she unzipped his coat and finagled his tiny arms out of it. Removing his hat she smoothed down his blonde curls and removed her own outerwear. Flipping on the television she found a station with cartoons and laughed as Tim became immediately enthralled. "Can you be a big boy and stay right here while I make your bottle?"

"Yesh," Timmy mumbled, his eyes never leaving the screen. Wearily, Ziva headed into the kitchen to prepare a bottle along with a cup of tea. She hoped that even though Tim dozed on their way home, a nice warm bottle would lull him back to sleep. Once the drinks were finished she returned to the family room to find Tim snuggled against the pillows, thumb in his mouth, eyes half closed. Placing the bottle and cup of tea on the table she sat down next to the toddler and gently rubbed his cheek, "Timmy, are you ready for your bottle?"

Tim nodded sleepily and crawled into her lap. Retrieving the bottle from the table she arranged Tim so he was cradled in her arms and sunk back into the couch cushions. Slipping off her shoes she propped her feet up on the table and positioned the nipple of the bottle inches from Timmy's mouth.

"Zeba...baba!" Timmy wailed impatiently before she could insert the nipple into his mouth.

"Give me a moment, Timmy." Once she was positioned comfortably she stuck the nipple into his mouth and chuckled as the youngster emitted a small sigh of contentment."

"I see somebody was hungry." She mused, flipping off the television and sinking deeper into the comfy couch. Using her free hand she managed to brush the curls off Tim's forehead and leaned down to kiss it, "I have missed you, Timothy." Sighing, she continued, "I would only be fooling myself if I did not admit that I miss grown up Tim, too. There is nobody around to gang up on Tony with me anymore or meet for dinner. I know Gibbs is happier than he has been in a long time, but I wish this would have never happened to you." Tim gurgled around the nipple and reached up to play with her hair. Laughing, Ziva patted his tummy; "I guess I cannot cut my hair until you get a little bit older."