24 | turn to nightmares

Start from the beginning

"Rhena" Elena called, analyzing her face in hopes of finding an apologetic look.

"yes?" she raised her eyebrows lightly, behind them, Caroline was walking towards them in a slow pace, knowing what the situation was about.

    "I'm sorry, okay?" Elena apologized, but she didn't say anything back "I know I got you in a lot of trouble, and you probably hate me...I just want you to know that I'm truly sorry, I didn't mean for any of this to happen, you're one of my best friends, you know that right?" Rhena nodded, but still got her mouth shut "can you forgive me?" Elena took her hand, smiling at her.

She tried to calm her anger, because she was not a violent or confrontational person. She hated drama as well. But in her mind, if Elena was truly sorry, she could at least tell the truth to her brother, who still thought she was irresponsible. But she was being childish as well, she knew that.

Rhena simply smiled at her, squeezed her hand and left without saying something meaningful. She went towards Caroline, who smiled and embraced the girl. Now, every time she was near the blonde after the hospital, she felt a little different aura. It was unexplainable, but she could still feel it.

    Elena sighed and groan lightly, she knew it would take more than some empty words to get Rhena's forgiveness, she needed to try harder. At least hard enough to find what was really going on with her, because no matter how much she asked Damon, he didn't gave in. And he wouldn't, not unless Rhena talked first. Between the two, she had more chances to a get Stefan help with the blood than talking to them.

Rhena felt like everything was too orchestrated, it felt rehearsed, somehow. In bits of the moments, she felt like they were not honest, at least in her eyes. But like always, she stayed quiet and observant.

She continued to help Jenna organized  and prepare the food, a habit she took from her work. Damon stood next to her, watching how she cut the vegetables in a fast yet gentle way. If it wasn't because Alaric had give him a signal, he would had stayed longer.

    He took a knife from Jenna's mother's silver collection and the pie he brought.  That caught her attention, so naturally she went to look at him, only getting a wink in response. She knew he was up to something, so she narrowed her eyes at him and followed his actions with her eyes.

    He approached the table where Alaric, Mason and Cade sitting, with the pie set it in front of them "Mason, why don't you start us off?"

    Rhena raised her eyebrow, looking between the men in the table. Why would he want Mason to do that?

"sure" Mason shrugged it off, not being a big deal. But once he saw the silver knife, he turned the pie, making the silver go the opposite direction. Then, proceeded to took a piece of the pie with his hands. Everyone stared at him "what? Oh, I apologize, I'm an animal" Mason laughed along with Cade, both cluessles to the true intention of the other two.

    She shook her head at the immaturity and went back to what she was doing. Smiling back at Jenna who was in a good mood.

   "So, Mason, you and Jenna never dated?" Alaric asked, leaning back in his chair as Damon took a seat in front of them. It still felt a little strange to see her teacher in a more casual setting.

   Mason shook his head and answer with a chuckle "she was always lost in Logan Fell-land"

Cade laughed and nodded in agreement "no one was even near the same level as Logan in her eyes" Cade chimed in, causing Jenna to narrow her eyes at her best friend