Chapter 24 : The new assistant

Start from the beginning

"First of all, a happy new to you all. Best wishes and I hope you made some good resolutions during his holiday, which I think you've earned. Secondly, I would like to introduce Ms. Bae. She will be staying with us until the end of the year for her scientific survey, so she will need you. I count on you to give her a warm welcome. Feel free to ask her any questions you may have. She will be happy to answer them," 

"Are you single?"

There is no need to mention the name of the person who just asked such an inappropriate question. Apparently, this group of machos didn't want to change anything for the new year. Especially this Korean-American who thought he had an advantage over the others only because of his origins.

I was ready to make the remark, but Suzy nodded to me that she had the situation under control. I was a little doubtful of what she had in mind because I didn't want her to be the laughing stock of these smart-asses from day one.

"Mister that I don't know the name. What criteria would you use to determine whether or not I am single? And how many percent would you think I would take offence to the question" The poor boy had been humiliated as soon as he took his pencil case out of his bag and his friends couldn't help but laugh at him.

Suzy winked at me saying I-told-you-I-can-handle-it and I was very surprised. She would have been one of my trainees, her first report would have been successful from the very first minute.

I eventually gave Suzy my class time so she could explain what her research was all about, and the students were very enthusiastic about it. Fingers kept rising and Suzy was barely breathing when she had to answer the next question. Everybody liked the topic, especially when it was about psychology, everybody wanted to know how and why, except for one person, Jennie. 

JENNIE'S POV

In spite of the crowd around the buffet and the students telling their friends about their vacation, my mood and slackness of breath frustrated and even annoyed my friends who looked at me without wanting to understand what was wrong with me. 

"Can you not breathe on my pasta?" Yeeun pushed her lunch box aside as if to protect it.

"I don't know if you have your period, but if you could stop looking at people like you want to kill them, that would be cool," Soojin looked up from her phone rolling her eyes before denying my existence as she had done since this morning when she asked me why I was in a bad mood and I just told her I didn't want to talk about it.

"When you're calmer, you'll have to explain to me about this vacation with your mystery lover," Daewhi pointed his finger at me. He hadn't let go of me since I came back. Actually, after Lisa dropped me off in front of my apartment, I went straight to Sana's house and called Soojin and Yeeun to meet me. As for Daewhi, he wasn't back yet. That's why he's the only one who doesn't have the juicy information from that trip,"

"Anyway, I can tell you that the wait is worth it," Sana put down her tray. The girl acted as if she hadn't eaten in ages. Two plates of salad, five chicken wings, french fries, a chocolate mousse and a soft drink. She had enough to eat for the whole day.

"I hope so. I can't wait to hear about the times when you were in the bedroom with her," he smirked. 

If the incident hadn't happened on Saturday, I'd probably be repeating my exotic getaway with Lisa right now. Of course they didn't know about that part of our argument. But they had noticed that something was off because I didn't look as happy as I did before I got back to Seoul. I didn't want to talk about it because I didn't want them to ask me questions. This morning when I woke up, I told myself that maybe the day would go well and that our short argument would be forgotten. But seeing her with that bitch who had eyeballed me last time when I was eating a cookie while talking, I wanted to turn back. 

That bitch was the same thing as Lisa's mother.

How could she tell me to calm down when her mother had just insulted me for no reason. I want to make it clear that if I hadn't said hello to her it was because one more second and I was peeing all over myself. And then when I was back, the old crinkly woman looked at me shamelessly from head to toe, treating me like a a piece of shit.  

And Jennie Kim didn't like being treated that way.

"I have to go to the bathroom, don't wait for me. I'll meet you in front of the room," my friends blinked quickly, wondering if they had said something wrong. I put my tray in the cart before leaving the dining hall. 

As I walked out of there, my shoulders relaxed. I never really could stand the crowd and the noise that went with it. I always felt bad, a feeling of puking and falling to the ground happened every time I was in a place like that. But no one could know that Jennie had that weakness. If you manage to show that you are strong, that is the image that will show to them. 

I was preoccupied rummaging through my purse, looking for my makeup kit that I hadn't noticed I was being stalked. By the time I couldn't react, a mysterious hand placed on my mouth to prevent me from screaming. The person who had a lot of strength pulled me to another hallway where the lights were never on because it was the university's storeroom. 

"What the fuck?!"

The person took me by the shoulders forcing me to turn and put me against the wall. My eyes widened seeing that it was no one else but Lisa. 

Or rather Professor Manoban. 

"Calm your tits, it's just me," 

"Have you decided to give up the job to become a kidnapper?"

"Ha-ha very funny Kim," 

"What do you want?" 

"Are you on your period or what?" she frowned as she tried to analyze my unkind welcome.

"No. If you wanted to get this information, you shouldn't so much bother dragging me down a ghostly corridor, you know," I motioned in the deserted corridor, which scared the hell out of me. The place was like a scene from a horror movie. I couldn't believe that a prestigious university could have such a place.

"Are you still mad?" 

"Unbelievable!" I threw my hands as I was giving up. 

"What? I just asked you something, you could just answer. No need to overreact," 

Here we go again. 

"You know what? Like last time, I thank you for your concern and no I'm not angry, I'm just in a bad mood for no reason,"

"When a woman says she's not angry when the expression on her face and her toned used proves otherwise, it means she's very mad,"

"Oh, not only are you a professor of literature, a kidnapper, but also a psychologist? How long have you been a psychologist? Since Miss I've been doing scientific research showed up? I guess the private lessons have been beneficial,"

"Wait, are you jealous?" she bite her lips preventing from laughing at my face. Which pissed me off even more.

"Don't make me yell and accuse you of sexual touching," with that, she ends up laughing. She probably didn't take me seriously, because I was still the idiot in her sights.

"HELP MS. MA-"

"Jennie! Damn are you crazy or what?!"she put her hand over my mouth again and looked around in panic if someone hadn't heard my false alarm.

"Don't belittle me next time. You don't know what I'm capable of," She was now pissed off that I thought she wanted to strangle me. I mean, in a different context, I wouldn't say no.

Seeing that she wasn't ready to move from there as my classes started in a few minutes, I picked up my bag that had fallen on the ground when Lisa stopped me and put my arms above my head. 

"You too. Next time, don't try to play the smart-ass bitch with me," she furiously slammed her mouth on me sliding skillfully her tongue and sucked all my life on this. 

Oh, that's new.