XXI • PROMISED LAND

Start from the beginning

****

Travelers' Camp

Markos and the other travelers have an extremely weak Rosie chained up to the wall and her trembling wrists are bleeding badly from being cut; buckets are catching the doppelgänger blood as it falls in. Stefan and Elena, however, are kept elsewhere in the compound as they are also writhing in agony, extremely weak from their own doppelgänger blood loss as well.

Both Markos and Agnes walk into the private room in which Rosie is being held significant captive in with a glass of water in the latter's hand. Agnes, who is actually feeling sympathetic for the poor hybrid, tips it up to Rosie's lips and she takes a drink of the clean and fresh water from the glass. After a second passes, she coughs up little drops of blood that land on her face.

"Yo-o-u hav-ve enou-gh blo-ood." An unsteady Rosie retorted weakly.

The European man wipes the blood from his beloved wife's face for her.

"Let me go." The vulnerable hybrid desperately pleaded with them.

Markos takes a sharp knife and slits Rosie's left wrist right down the middle, causing her to scream out, "I'll have enough when you can no longer speak."

He turns and leaves the room as Agnes stares at her in genuine sympathy to which Rosie weakly shuts her doe eyes in defeat when the woman shuts the door for them to be left alone together and she switches the light on.

Agnes intentionally removes the strong metal chains and the lock that binds Rosie to the wall. Before Rosie can crumple to the floor, Agnes catches her, who trembles in fear and the effect of the massive amount of blood loss. Rosie would've blacked out if it wasn't for Agnes to let her drink from a few stolen human blood bags to heal and to be energized as the traveler advised her to immediately escape when Rosie is finally able to stand on her own.

"But what about--" Rosie gasps in shock and backs away from the woman when the door opens again to find Stefan and Elena, both weak as well.

"Shh. You three need to leave, now. Go." Escape.

****

Small Shop/Salvatore Boarding House

After escaping the travelers' camp thanks to Agnes, Stefan, Rosie and Elena, who are now finally energized, have holed up at a derelict small shop to use the old payphone to call Damon, who remains safe at the boarding house.

"Seriously? Collect calls are still a thing?" The elder brother commented.

"Yeah, well, you know what could have saved you the cost of this phone call? You finding us. How long have we been gone?" The younger one asked.

"Four days." Being the duration when Minerva Devon is behaving strangely as well, to which he has yet to speak to her about it so if he isn't so busy.

"Four days?! Four days and you couldn't track us down? What did you think? We were having a nice spa getaway?" Stefan snapped and Rosie smiles.

"Woah! Woah! Woah! I've been searching twenty-four/seven, okay? Maybe if you would've been a little more perceptive, you wouldn't have gotten yourselves doppelnapped." Damon snapped back at his feisty brother.

"Duh." April, who remains at the parlor room with him, added on.

Suddenly, something quick barrels against the wooden wall of the shop, shattering an old window in the store Stefan is leaning on while making his phone call, which Damon mentioned, "What the hell was that?"