Bloody Devotion

A/N: Drawing by bubblete4 (BubbleGummy4 / Daniell3C4st)

Earlier
After Mileena left Y/N and Tanya
3rd Pov

Mileena jogged through the palace, heading to Kotal's throne room. She was thinking that if he wasn't with his 'minions', he might be in his throne room.

She encountered a few guards that she swiftly slaughtered.

After a little while, she arrived in front of the room's doors. She stopped for a minute, as if deep in thought, before pushing the doors open.

The noise it made echoed throughout the chamber.

Kotal had been waiting for Mileena as he was sitting on his throne.

Kotal: "As soon as I learnt you and your allies were in the castle, I knew you would be the first one to reach this place." He exclaimed, standing up. "It's time to finish this once and for all."

Mileena: "On that we agree, traitor." She hissed with venom in her voice.

Kotal Kahn: "My rule outshines yours." He somewhat mocked.

Mileena: "Your head will decorate my throne!" She shouted as she entered her stance.

She didn't waste her time and immediately rolled between Kotal's legs and behind him where she then kicked the back of his knees to make him fall on...well, his knees. She vanished and reappeared in front of Kotal in the air. As she fell towards the usurper, she spread her legs to then wrap them around her enemy's head. She followed by letting herself fall backward, bringing the Osh-Tekk along with her, she put her hands on the floor and used the momentum to throw the Kahn away.

As Kotal stood up, Mileena leaped to deliver a series of kicks, all blocked flawlessly by the Kahn. As she landed on her left foot, Mileena spun to do a sweep with her right foot that missed. Then, still turning around, she threw a reverse roundhouse kick with her left leg but it was once again blocked. Not giving up so easily, the ex-Empress hopped to deliver yet another strike using her right leg, however Kotal ducked.

Mileena landed with her back turned to her opponent who didn't waste the opportunity to kick her. She stumbled forward but rolled on the floor instead of falling, then stood up, turned around and swung her arm. Kotal caught it and kept her in place as he punched her with his other arm before uppercutting the ex-Empress, effectively sending her flying in the air.

The noise of Mileena's body colliding on the hard floor resonated. She tried to get up but stopped on all fours as she had to first remove her mask. Her nose was bleeding. Her hand neared her face but she then noticed Kotal behind her, about to slam his leg on her. Mileena rolled out of the way. She wiped the blood off her face while standing up.

Mileena kept dodging Kotal's hits by stepping backward or to the side and threw a few strikes herself. She stepped aside as Kotal sent a straight and she launched an upper palm-strike to his jaws before swinging her other arm to hit Kotal across the face.

She swept Kotal's foot to make him lose his balance, then grabbed her arm and pulled him to punch his face, however the Osh-Tekk headbutted Mileena's fist. Her hand thrown back and a bit hurt, she spun around to deliver a roundhouse kick but Kotal caught her leg. He pulled her closer to him and released her leg in order to lariat her. Mileena couldn't get out of the way due to the momentum created by the pulling force so she quickly ducked (while still going towards her enemy) and ended up in a split position on the floor.

The Ex-Empress twirled around while getting on her feet, then assumed a fighting stance, this time, her center of gravity was a bit lower than earlier. Kotal turned around and grabbed his sickles as Mileena took her sais out and moved her hands around a bit before placing them in the correct position for this stance.