Deception

Y/N PoV

Apparently, Quan Chi was captured and he would soon arrive at the refugee camp. Meanwhile, I wondered what was happening on Kotal's side and...it was pretty interesting.

Kotal -learning that the Special Forces had obtained Shinnok's amulet- decided to keep the little squad of the Special Forces prisoner, making them his hostages. He intended to trade them for the amulet. Dick move. But a smart one.

I informed Mileena about the situation and told her about a "plan" of some sort.

.

I created a portal near the Special Forces' camp and walked to it. On the way, I met an interesting person that I had to talk into my plan. After a few exchanges, he agreed.

I headed to the camp alone and the General Blade accepted to let me in, most likely intrigued as to why I was alone. Kenshi wasn't there, meaning that Quan Chi neither, they might be on their way here.

Sonya: "What do you want?"

Johnny Cage: "And why aren't you with Mileena?"

(Y/N): "Well, you see..." Suddenly, a portal opened and Kotal Kahn, along with his forces, came out of it. If that isn't a perfect timing, I don't know what it is.

D'Vorah whispered something to Kotal as he narrowed his eyes on us.

Kotal: "You are allied with the sorcerer who is aiding Mileena?!" He asked, visibly angered. So that's what the bug lady told him. After all, I haven't fought nor met Kotal yet so he didn't know what Mileena's new ally (me) looked like.

(Y/N): "What tells you I'm not a double agent who's helping Mileena for the sole purpose of gaining her trust so I could kill her afterward?" I tried to make him calm down, the last thing I wanted was to fight them right now. "I already gave the amulet to the Special Forces, after all. Like you said, I'm a sorcerer, and my magic combined with such a powerful talisman would be useful. Yet, I still gave it. If I was really working with Mileena, wouldn't have I keep it to help her kill you?" I finished in a somewhat sinister tone.

Kotal Kahn: "So you were the one who gave them the amulet..."

Sonya: "Yes. They showed us their good will. We own them one, meaning that we cannot side with you or Mileena in your conflict. I'm sorry. So, Kotal, how can we help you?"

Johnny Cage: "More importantly, where are the kids?" I grinned.

(Y/N): "About that..." I turned to the General Blade. "Wouldn't you like to know, dear general, that Kotal here is holding your little team hostage?" Of course, they were shocked and furious.

Sonya & Johnny: "What!?"

Johnny Cage: "You bastard!"

Sonya Blade: "What is the meaning of this?!"

Kotal: "How did you know, sorcerer?"

(Y/N): "Who knows? Maybe there's a traitor in your rank..." I smiled slyly and Kotal looked at his forces before turning his attention to the Special Forces.

Kotal: "Give us the amulet and no harm will come to your team."

If I remember right, the Special Forces couldn't contact Raiden and give him the amulet...so they still have it here. Kotal has his army by his side, that includes Ermac, D'Vorah, Reptile, Erron Black, Ferra & Torr. We, on the other hand, are only 3 (without counting the soldiers, that goes without saying): the General Blade, Mr. Cage and me. We clearly are at a disadvantage.

I glanced at the two. They might have come to the same conclusion as me.

Then, Kenshi and Jax arrived with a bound Quan Chi.