Deal

Death was very correct when he said Harry would hate all that was told to him. Maybe hatred wasn't even the correct word as hatred was such an overused, overplayed word. Many words could filter in, but only one seemed to understate what he felt. Harry felt revulsion twisting in his stomach, revulsion at the man whose image has been permanently stained in the backdrop of his mind. Dumbledore used him, put him through hell and back for his own gain. Every aspect, every slight detailing had been forged in the inferno of the man's insanity. For the Greater Good, of course. Always for the Greater Good of wizarding kind, at least that's what he always had told himself before sending another wildcard to push Harry down the stairs. The abuse he endured his entire childhood was to make him more submissive, to form a hero worship of those who saved him. Obviously that angelic figure was Dumbledore, with his soft voice and grandfatherly faux concern. With proper grooming from Hagrid and other small details he overlooked that first journey to Diagon Alley, he had a grumpy Draco as his first introduction to flesh and blood Slytherins where everything went downhill from.

First year was sculpted from circumstances, Dumbledore being quick to use everything he could. With that, Harry was landed in Gryffindor where Ron was pushed to befriend him. Ron achieved this, and him and Harry's friendship grew to be little more than a parasitic relationship, but only slightly as Ron still took input from Dumbledore despite the red head caring for him. Hermione was a mistake that was accidently thrown in, but she was swayed by history books painting Dumbledore as a hero who only desired the Greater Good. That was one of Hermione's greatest flaws, everything written in a book must be true and everyone in power was in power for a reason. This was akin to Ron's greed and general obliviousness. Everything played out accordingly with Harry facing the shade of Voldemort which he 'defeated' due to his lingering Mother's protection.

Second year was similar, with the newest player being introduced. Ginny, the one Harry once though he would surely marry, was only a cardboard cutout of a poster wife formed by Dumbledore's influence on the Weasley's and a marriage contract. That didn't come in quite yet until later, but with Tom Riddle's horcrux magically managing to avaid the powerful wards of Hogwarts the Chamber of Secrets was opened and another hell ensued. Dumbledore watched as Harry as revealed to be able to speak to serpents, as people where petrified, as Hagrid was sent to Azkaban in his possible relation to the attacks, then he was going to do nothing but send a Phoenix and a hat down into the Chamber instead of going in himself when Harry, at twelve years old, took matters into his own hands. Harry may have won the battle with the Basilisk and Tom Riddle's soul shard, but he should have died.

Third year was entirely ridiculous. The absolute stupidity that was third year should have been unachievable. Only, when Dumbledore involved every insane option or unachievably bad prospect is more likely to occur than a more well rounded statistically more likely event. Sirius Black should have never been aloud to stay in Azkaban. The mere thought of him being justified to have his soul slowly drained by Dementors is rage invoking. Dumbledore had evidence-solid evidence of Sirius's innocents and Pettigrew's guilt. Dumbledore was the one who put Pettigrew as the secret keeper, effectively spelling an end to the Potter's. The whole no trial "mistake" from Fudge was one thing, but another was Dumbledore allowing an innocent man to rot in prison for the Greater Good.

Fourth year was self exclamatory, Dumbledore allowed Harry to be admitted into the Triwizard tournament where if he fought even a slight amount a lot would have been avoided. Other than the clear lack of Graveyard reviving of Voldemort, the avoidance of the death of Cedric Diggory and reformation of the Death Eaters, Harry would have done well without the trauma he received from that night that year and in the future because of the neglect.

Fifth year was a mess before school even started, with that preventable attack and garbage fire of a trial that was forced on by the ministry. Dumbledore being the gracious and merciful benevolent man he was, fought for Harry and this allowed Harry to go back to Hogwarts for the fifth year. That year was going to be horrible even if the ministry didn't put Dolaris Umbridge into the Defense Against the Dark Arts position, but she ended up being a huge problem. Ignoring the school for moment, as Dumbledore was his legal magic guardian, all the horrible slander in the Daily Prophet should have been stopped with legal option from the man. Sadly for Harry, the Greater Good doesn't require a hero to be happy before they save all of wizarding time from a corrupted snake-face. Moving on from the lies of the Daily Prophet, with the visions from Voldemort, Dumbledore had one of the worst and stupid descisons to remedy this. Of course, the Greater Good wasn't interested that day to remedy anything other than what they wanted, so Harry was sent off to Snape to have the man teach him Occlumency.