Chapter 15: Midnight

Start from the beginning

I took the piece of paper out of the bottle and unfolded it so that I could read the message inside.

YUOr POWeRS are USe1eSS... you thiMF TUo KOM hurY a GIIOcT... I can posCess onYthing. ~M

Some of the words and letters inside the message were unrecognizable and hard to decipher. The hand writing was quick and sloppy while some of the letters were just blurred out and difficult to read.

I heard a 'clink' sound in the distance. The strange noise sounded like two people tapping their glasses together when raising a toast to a person. I looked up intrigued by the noise, I saw another glass bottle with a note inside of it. This bottle was lodged securely within two rocks, stuck their by the forceful pushes of the waves.

I walked over to the bottle that sat a few meters away, the wind grew strong, blowing the waves harsher against my body, my toes now embracing the wet sand and the occasional water that pushed it's way up towards my feet only to retreat back to it's deep abyss.

The could hear whistles and whispers among the wind that accompanied the eerie aura that surrounded the safe haven. Neither the wind nor the water helped the twisted knot in my stomach. I took in a deep whiff of the air, breathing it's fresh contents through my lungs.

By the smell alone, I could tell that the rain was close. The pressure of the air against my body had also gotten heavier, adding to the warning to seek shelter from the storm.

I dismissed the warning, assuring myself that I would be able to make it home in time before any rain or harm would come to me.

I unscrewed the cap of this bottle and took out another note for me to read, this one a little more decipherable than the first one I found.

|i0TdS sp!r!t c0ut!unes to f!ghT My P0sses!0N, hE'S getY!uG strOuGER ~R

One of the thing's I wondered about the notes were that they were all anonymously written. Only an initial or first letter of whoever was sending them was written down as a signature.

I looked out at the water rippling through the lake, Y/N would've loved the view. The fluffy, green grass that we would pick flowers from. We would probably even swim in this enchanting lake that was a beautiful blue color. I would set up a picnic for her with all different kinds of foods from cakes and chocolate covered strawberries to pastas and salads. I would have made everything perfect... 

That could only happen if she ever wanted to go on a date with me. At this rate, I just want her to talk to me in some way other than a glare in the morning or a glance at my beaten body at school.

Should I have told her I was the famous Green Ninja?

I did it again, one of the few people that cared for me and let me into their lives was pushed away by a stupid mistake I made. I... I don't know what to do anymore. Maybe I should go talk to her tomorrow night or something. Only if she would want to listen to me...

I used my sleeves to wipe off the water that was forming at the corners of my eyes before continuing my walk down the shore line.

I noticed three more bottles being washed up to shore. Using this as a distraction from Y/N, I ran towards them, the wind blowing harder the closer I got to them. Weird...

Goosebumps ran up my bare arms, I had to rub my hands over my arms to see if adding some friction to my cold arms would warm them up.

Reaching the bottles I popped of the caps of each one and carefully took out the notes, careful not to drop them into the water.

YoUR tEam wi|| fa|| aParT withuot it's GEeRn laEDeR ~O

Whose team will what? Fall apart? What are these messages saying?