Twenty

*

"I am so ready for this!!! Love a big game away at Man City".

"Cheers Lis. Just deafen me why don't yous?" Molly groans, climbing aboard the bus behind her teammate, "oh come on, this is one of the best away trips and you know it!" Lisa laughs.

She turns round to look at the defender, but instead, nearly knocking her flying.

"Watch it Evans" the Scot scowls.

"Can you please not injure any of my players Lisa, especially not before a big game" Joe asks from his seat, "yeah, control your girlfriend Viv!" Leah shouts; Molly smacks her over the head as she passes.

"Ow".

The Glaswegian smirks, "you deserved it and anyway, seems like Jord needs to keep an eye on you" she hurries away down the aisle and puts as much distance between her and Leah as is possible.

"I'm gonna get you back as soon as we stop" she replies, "wow I'm so scared".

Molly puts her rucksack above her seat before sitting and waiting for Lisa and Viv to join her. With no Mitch around because the Tottenham loan, the team has been missing her and her witty comments, having to make do with their own dire attempts; which hasn't worked so well.

"I know that look" Viv says, bringing her back to reality, "you miss Mitch, don't you?".

"Uh-huh, it's not the same without her she doesn't look as though she's having the time of her life there, does it?" Molly replies as Lisa joins them.

She give her a sympathetic look as the bus pulls away.

"Ems will be back soon, it's not too long tae wait" Lisa smiles, "we have our meet up in a few weekends time as well. We can see her then".

"I suppose" Molly shrugs.

"Why are you so mopey?" Katie asks from the opposite table, "cut it out McCabe" the Scot retorts, "someone clearly got out of bed on the wrong side this morning" she adds and Louise kicks her.

"What was that for?".

"You shouldn't patronise her. Ruesha told me in no uncertain terms, that you rolled out of bed only fifteen minutes late when we went to Brighton last season and were as cranky as hell" Louise smirks.

"So?" Katie throws back, "so, you shouldn't hassle Molly for whatever's on her mind right now!".

"Thanks Lou. I owe you some Percy Pigs when we see an M&S".

*

In Manchester, the team settle into their hotel and decide on a spot of team bonding in Jill and Katie's room.

The Irish player, who was still upset with Louise and Molly, more so with the Scot after she bought sweets for the tall defender, decided on making this evening's chosen games especially difficult for her.

"Ok, we thought this was a good idea when we came up with it" Jill smiles.

"Oh god" Viv mutters.

"So we need four volunteers".

"And if none of you volunteer, we'll pick them ourselves" Katie says, wiping the smiles of everyone's faces as Louise and Molly wearily eye their teammate.

Lisa, Daan, Manuela and Leah step up, much to Molly's amusement and less so to Katie's.

"We have four toilet rolls..." Jill hands one to each of the competitors, "and we want you to do as many kick-ups as you can in thirty seconds. Original I know" McCabe explains.

"Time starts, now!".

Out of the corner of her eye, Molly spies Viv filming the moment with Lisa's We Play Strong camera and moves over to gives some alternative commentary.

"You join us at a crucial stage of the Arsenal toilet roll challenge and oh, it looks like Daan is loosing her balance... OH SHE'S GONE!! Evans, Williamson and Zinsberger still in the running and no! Zinsberger's dropped her roll!" Molly shouts over her teammates, "it's getting serious now, Evans and Williamson still in it".

"TIME!" Katie shouts.

Viv is still filming so Molly continues her voice over.

"Ok we"ll go to Beth and Louise for the results. Beth, how many did Daan get?" she asks, "twelve" Beth replies.

"And Louise? What about Manu?".

Louise smiles, "fourteen".

Daan, who looks unhappy about the result, goes off to sulk in the bathroom, "ok, so the final results between Lisa Evans and Leah Williamson. Jill, how many did Lisa manage?" Molly asks.

"Lisa got twenty two" she says as the defender turns to Jordan, "crunch time. Drumroll please, how many did Leah score?".

Jordan's eyes flick over to Leah and Molly knows she lost, "twenty" she answers.

"YESSS!" Lisa screams, with no consideration for the other guests. She runs over to Viv and the camera before taking it off her, filming some of her own stuff as the girls reset for another challenge.

*