Fourteen

*

"Could you have a written a bigger sign?".

"That's a lovely way tae greet us, I've missed you though Molls" Claire says, burying her head into Molly's shoulder.

"I've missed you too, but I'm here now" the defender replies, kissing her girlfriends head and looking at the group of people stood in Orlando airport's arrivals area with them.

"So who are these lovely people?".

"I'm Rachel and this is Toni. We've heard so much about you" Rachel blurts before Claire can even open her mouth, "nice to meet you and I've heard lots about you too" Molly smiles,.

"And who is this?".

The Gunner turns her attention to the small baby in the arms of who Molly recognises as former England defender Laura Bassett, "this is Saede and I think she likes you".

"I'm Laura" she smiles, "Marc's partner but you probably knew that already". Molly nods as Saede continues to wriggle in her mother's arms and pleased with the attention she's getting, holds her arms out at the Scot.

"Is she alright to come to you?".

"Perfect".

"I think you're her new favourite person, just don't tell Toni" Laura says.

Claire pulls out her phone and insists they have a photo with the masterpiece that reads 'welcome to the best defender the SWNT has after Rachel Corsie' before they leave and head out into the humidity and sunshine.

"I'm sorry but you're gonna have tae go back to your mummy now" the Glaswegian says to Saede, giving her back to Laura, "we'll have to meet up for a coffee while you're over here. I'm sure Saede would love to see you again".

"Sure. Just give me a message".

Claire looks over from Toni's car, "are you coming or not?! You've only just got here and already you're ignoring me" she shouts.

"I think you better go".

"I will. Lovely to meet you and Saede".

*

"It's nice to have you around for a while" Claire mutters, her head on Molly's shoulder, "it's nice tae be around, if it's only for a week".

"That's not what I meant and you know it" the Orlando player laughs, hitting the defender lightly, "aye but I couldn't resist myself" the Gunner's smirk triggers something in the forward and she leans in to plant a soft kiss on her lips.

"I've missed this" Molly smiles in between kisses, "I don't want this ever tae change" Claire replies.

"Imagine what would have happened, where we'd be if you hadn't had performed so wonderfully for Man City and got that call up?" Molly sighs as her girlfriend settles back on her shoulder.

"I definitely wouldn't have made it out here, that's for sure. I probably would have still been playing for Bristol and working in that bar with Chloe" the forward explains, "I highly doubt it. I still reckon you would have been snapped up by a big club".

"You think so?".

Claire looks up at Molly through her eyelashes, "I know so, because you are amazing" the Arsenal player smiles.

Molly's phone buzzes in her pocket and sees that Laura has DM'ed her phone number across, "aww you were great with Saede, she loved you" Claire says, "she's a cutie" the defender replies, putting her phone down.

"Not as cute as you obviously..." she rambles on until the forward  puts her finger to her lips and stops her, "shut the hell up and kiss me Adams".

"Gladly".

*

Ring, ring.

"Claire your phones ringing!!" Molly shouts down the hallway, "I'm just about tae get in the shower! Let it go to voicemail" the forward shouts back as the Gunner hears the water start up.

She leaves her be and settles back on the sofa, continuing her attempt to find something decent to watch.

Ring, ring.

"Babe it's ringing again!".

"Ugh, answer it please".

Molly scrambles over the arm of the chair and grabs Claire's phone from the side, reading the unknown number and answering.

"Hello. No this is Molly Adams, Claire is busy right now can I take a message?" the defender asks, "hello this is the manager of Melbourne City Women of the W-League here in Australia. If Miss Emslie could give me a ring when she's free that would be great thank you".

Molly is stunned, but suddenly remembers to speak, "yes, I will pass that on. Thank you, bye" she says, hanging up as Claire appears.

"Who was it?" she asks.

"Before I tell you, care to tell me about Melbourne?".

*