Fifteen

*

"And you just left her standing there?" Lisa asks, "brave move" Leah adds.

Molly shrugs, "well what can I say" she smiles as the daily charade with Daan and the fruit bowl begins, "she didn't tell me about Melbourne, I just left".

"That's not the same though is it?".

Molly shrugs Jen off, knowing she had the backing of Lisa and most importantly Kim, so that was good enough for her.

"Better get your shit together soon" Mitch speaks up, causing the whole team to look at her, "Caz dumped her cheating boyfriends ass at the weekend and you know she had a soft spot for your girl".

Deep down, Molly knows Emma is speaking the truth, Caz and Claire did have something going on while they were in Manchester together, heck it even came back to Scotland camps sometimes. She didn't want things to pan out like this, she didn't go lose Claire in this way or even lose her at all.

"Molls, we're going to sort this mess out ok? You and me" Lisa smiles, kneeling in front of the defender and for a second Molly thinks Rachel is the one speaking to her.

"Thank you Lis".

"Now we've got that mopey shit over and done with" Leah starts, but finishes rather quickly as Joe arrives.

"Alright girls we have a big week this coming up. First it's the Derby against Chelsea coming up on Sunday, followed by our Champions League first leg against Slavia Praha before Charlton in the cup four days later" he explains.

"Rotation will be key so I'm expecting you all to focus and concentrate at the task in hand. I want big performances from you all this week. Thank you".

*

"Hey how's my girl doing? I heard from a little birdy you were in Orlando recently".

"Not great Corsie and yeh I was, for all of a day".

Rach frowns, "why? Oh my god please don't tell me you and Claire have broke up or something" she blurts.

"It's kinda complicated Rach" Molly sighs, looking out the window, "I swear if she has said something or done something, I'm flying over tae her and kicking her..." the captain says but the Arsenal player cuts her off.

"No need".

"Oh come on! If she's hurt you, she needs tae understand that she can't mess with Corsie's prodigy".

The defender laughs, "quit stalling and just ask Rachel" she smiles, "ok, what happened" Rachel asks. "I flew to Orlando, you were right about that, she was in the shower and her phone rang, she said leave it so I did. It rings again and I answer, turns out it was the Melbourne City manager asking about a contract".

"Wait she got an offer for the W-League and didn't tell you?" the Utah player says, "bang on" Molly smiles weakly.

"What did you go?" Rachel frowns, "left. Everything was packed so I just grabbed it and took a taxi tae a hotel. Stayed there overnight and flew back the next day without a second glance".

The Scotland captain smiles, "wow that was proper brave of yous. I'm proud, although I'm not sure that's the way to dump someone Molls" she says, "well we haven't actually spoken about it since...".

"Don't you think you should?".

"Perhaps".

Rachel's smile suddenly turns into a huge grin as the defender remembers her exciting news, "me and E have a ship name for you, I know it's not the right time considering what you just told me, but I think you'll like it" she explains.

"Alright go on" Molly rolls her eyes, "ok so it was one of two, it was either Clams..".

"Clams! Rach what the hell" the Gunner shouts, "aww come on, that was funny" Corsie smiles.

"The other alternative, which we think is better and have chosen is Mollslie" she adds, "really?! That's terrible" Molly laughs. "I know it is but it's the best of a bad bunch" the older Scot explains, "anywhooo I have tae go now but I'll talk to you soon and don't worry about Claire" she smiles.

"Thanks Rach. Love you".

"Love you too Molls".

*

A/N: this was written in a rush and isn't as good as the original but hey...