Eleven

*

"I absolutely loved that, didn't you gals?" Lisa smiles, her voice echoing off the dressing room walls, "shout-out tae Kimmy for the five goals" Mitch adds.

Kim smiles and graciously accepts the match ball that Corsie hands to her.

"Congrats Kim".

"You deserve it".

"Let's not forget that cracker of a ball you gave Kim for her last goal. What a beauty that was" Molly smiles at Rachel, "thanks Molls, shame you didn't get on the pitch tonight, I missed you" the captain replies, wrapping an arm around her shoulders.

"Me too, but you guys did a great job nevertheless".

Claire now comes in the room and makes a b-line for Molly so Rachel let's go of her shoulders and let's the forward take her prodigy away from her.

"Where are we going?" she asks as the forward pulls her arm, "just out here, come on".

From the looks of everyone's faces, her teammates knew about this and Molly would definitely be getting Corsie, Lee, Caroline and probably Lisa; back for this.

"Claire, I want tae put some warm clothes on" the Arsenal player complains, "quit your havering and follow me" the Orlando player insists and as they round the next corner, Molly sees the reason for being dragged out.

"You didn't?".

"Didn't I? I'm fairly sure these are your nieces and nephew are they not and that's not your sister no?" Claire smirks.

"Thank you so much" Molly replies, squeezing Claire's hand, "hello you three" she says as her sisters children run at her; crouching down to be at their height.

"Oh I'm so glad you're here Connie. I've missed yoouuu" she explains, getting up to hug her sister, "we have too haven't we?" Connue smiles, looking at her children who all nod in reply

"I'm sorry we couldn't get tae the World Cup. Erin absolutely loved it and Polly just liked seeing her auntie on the tv, Dean was interested but then he also wasn't".

"Doesn't surprise me. You left Mike at home then?".

"Well you know with this farming malarkey..." her sister smiles.

"Of course. I need to go and change noo but I'll text you the hotel and you can come. I'm sure the girls would love to see these three again, I know Corsie would" Molly explains, "alright, I'll see you in a bit then" Connie says.

"See you later".

*

"Ahh I'm gonna get you".

"Mama!" Polly screams as Lee is running after the one year old, "she'd be a great mum" Connie comments as she watches the keeper entertain her youngest.

"I dinnae know if her and Corsie have had that conversation but, yes she would" Molly replies, "come here you, auntie Molls will protect you" she adds, holding out her arms for her niece to run in to.

"Doing alright here?" Corise asks, plopping down in a seat next to Molly.

"Yeh. We were just talking about how Lee would make a good mam".

"Hmm. Where's Emslie?" Rachel asks, avoiding Molly and her sister's eye, "I don't, haven't seen her since we got back" the Gunner replies.

Maybe I should go and check on her, I thought she would have been up for chasing after the wee ones" Molly adds, rising from the chair, "alright, don't do anything I wouldn't do" the captain shouts after her.

"Highly unlikely".

She heads up to the floor in the lift and walks along until she finds the right room, knocking on it gently with the door opening a second or so later. Claire is stood there, phone to her ear and listening intently, "come in" she mouths, standing to the side to allow Molly into the room.

"Yes mam. I will see you tomorrow. Alright love you bye... bye. Sorry about that" the forward says, putting her phone down on the side, "mam's planning a family dinner and wanted to make sure I'll be there".

"Ahh, so that's why you weren't downstairs with us, your mam was holding you up".

"Afraid so".

"While I'm here, I just wanted tae say a massive thank you again for getting Connie and the children here. It's a massive comfort after not seeing them for a while and obviously it's difficult with them being in the Highlands and the logistics etc" Molly explains.

"Molls slow down, it's alright. I'm glad I could make you happy by bringing them down here" Claire smiles, "your face lights up when you're with them and it's lovely tae see".

The forward moves over to Molly and crouches in front of the chair, taking the twenty three year old's hand in hers.

"There's no need to apologise. I was just doing my job".

"Your job?".

"Aye my job as..." she starts but trails off, "you're job as what?" Molly suggests.

"I mean, it's err... I don't know how to put it" Claire says looking down at the floor, "well I suppose I mean, as your girlfriend but, but, we haven't decided anything and I wasn't sure whether to say it or...".

"I would love to be your girlfriend Claire" the defender smiles, "you will?" Emslie asks. 

"Of course".

*