wounds;

His biggest desire is to run away and hide, but he looks behind him and realizes that his shadow is still there. His second self, the werewolf, will never leave him. He waits for his transformation scared. Remus remains alone with the moon, the enemy that has been causing him pain for so many years. His howls pierce the darkness, making him fall in a gap of insanity.

The terror leaves Remus' soul as soon as the night is over. Remus comes back to reality after a terrifying night. He remembers his true identity when he thinks about Tonks, who hopes he will return home so they can meet for at least one more time.

The sun is rising, and Remus returns home tired, trembling, and still scared. Tonks hears the door open and finds him in the hallway. Remus smiles through the scratches which are covering his face. His face lights up. He knows that Tonks can cure him of all the pain he feels, even with a word.

As usual, the wounds cut his perfect skin. While she is cleaning his raw scratches and traces his old scars gently, Remus tries to calm down. He gets lost in her eyes, the only place he can hide from a painful past. Tonks only thinks about the suffering he's going through. She has always considered him a brave man. Even though he doesn't say a word about this, she feels his pain.

When Tonks finishes cleaning and wrapping his cuts with soft bandages, she kisses his nose slowly, still feeling the bump where it had been broken a long time ago. She uses her kiss in thoughts of comfort.

Finally, a weary Remus lies on the bed, and Tonks tucks the blanket around him. He cuddles up in her arms like a kid who has a nightmare and wants to forget about everything he had dreamed. But this nightmare -his nightmare- will last forever.

He usually falls asleep when Tonks plays with his hair. She whispers to him how much she loves him and how much she cares about him, letting him know she will never be terrified of him. The time passes, and Tonks doesn't notice that she sleeps, too.

The wounds turned him into a strange person for the world, yet so unique.

His wounds.