Let your heart win

Chapter 12 - Oliver

'Izzy, I'm going to get some fresh air.' Pete and Jack hadn't showed up and the party had been going for quite some time. I'd missed my chance to fix it.

'You haven't even had a drink yet. But if thats what you want, then by all means, get some air. I'm sure they will show up. They probably got sidetracked.'

I walked into the garden and sat on the bench. The bench where it all began. Maybe flooding myself with the memories would help ease the pain. Nope. This was torture. Maybe if I sit here longer, it will start to ease up. It had to.

'Hey'.

Chapter 12 - Jack

'Hurry up mate, we are going to be well late and I'm trying to impress Izzy if you remember. She already thinks I'm a whore, this is my chance to prove otherwise'.

'Sorry Peter, I just can't go. It's too much. He hates me'.

'No he doesn't, now suck it up and come on.' Peter grabbed me by the hands and had to drag me out of the house.

When we got there, the party was well past full swing. I looked around and couldn't spot Oliver anywhere. Phew.

'Hey guys. He is in the garden Jack'. Izzy popped up out of nowhere. I just stared. I don't want to see him just yet. 'You know he is crazy about you right? He has been moping about all night staring at the door. Go get him! He really likes you for christ sake.'

My ears pricked up at the word like. This can't be right. He acted liked he hated me last time we met. I had to find out what was going on. I raced to the back door and he was sitting on the bench. The bench.

'Hey'.

Chapter 12 - Oliver

'Hey.' I was him. I froze. 'A birdy tells me you don't hate me. This birdy may have also told me that you like me'. His voice cracked a bit. Dammit. He has me. Hook line and sinker. He has to know.

'Oh'. It's all I can seem to get out. Come on dammit, say something!!!

'I really like you, Oliver.' My heart sank and my stomach exploded with butterflies. Was he telling me the truth. I still couldn't move or speak. I wasn't ready to take the chance yet. I still couldn't be certain he was being truthful.

Jack started to walk closer to me. I began to shake a little. This shake didn't last long before his head bowed down to mine and his lips touched.

I felt a spark the instant they hit.

Chapter 12 - Jack

'Hey.' He seemed to freeze. 'A birdy tells me you don't hate me. This birdy may have also told me that you like me'. My voice cracked a bit. Dammit. I'm giving myself away to easy now. He has to know I like him like that.

'Oh'. Is that all he can say?! Fuck. You know what? I'm just going to go for it. This is my only chance to find out what he feels and if I'm going to walk away heartbroken, I may as well be certain of what he feels.

'I really like you, Oliver.' There. I put it out there and said it. He still didn't move so I took a few steps forward and leant down to him. This was it, moment of truth. My lips reached for his

I felt a spark the instant they hit.