The drink starts to flow

Chapter 2 - Oliver

6pm. Shit. I've only just eaten and I still need a shower, not to mention I need to grab something to drink. Good job Izzy already has her present, otherwise I'd be juggling a massive canvas painting and a crate of beer on the way. I bought Izzy this beautiful painting I spotted in the University Gallery. Once a creative course has finished, students get to sell their artwork or film etc. They certainly have an imagination! One of the guys on my course had made this brilliant first person shooter that I know me and Izzy would own, but he wanted to pitch the game to a company before he sells it in the gallery. Maybe it'll be there in time for her christmas present...

In case you didn't guess, I'm on a game design course. The project I've just worked on is in the gallery at the moment and it's sold 15 copies which is amazing. It's only been in there a week , so if it sells 50 copies by the end of the month, I'm going to see if a games company want it. We've only been working on the games a few months so they are quite quick and are more of an idea than a fully developed game.

Izzy is on a creative writing course, but before she came here, she spent a year at another University doing Fine Art. She said that she was losing the fun in painting which is why she started all over again doing something else. It's also why I got her a painting.

Anywho, I'm starting to procrastinate and I really need to get a move on. I grab a quick shower, throw on some clothes and head out to get the booze.

The shop is a 5 minute walk but its already half 6 so I may need to hop into a taxi. I get to the shop and grab a crate of beer. As I'm at the counter, I see a special on vodka. Why not get really really drunk tonight? I can just crash at Izzy's if I'm too drunk to go home.

Alcohol in hand, I head to the taxi rank. No cars. The one time I need one, there isn't any. I can see a bus at the end of the street making its way so I head to the stop. I may just make it in time afterall.

10 minutes into the journey and the driver has to pull over. Aparently the engine has overheated and needs to cool down. Great. Another 10 minutes later and we are on our way once more. I'm sure the driver just wanted a crafty smoke and made up an excuse.

I finally get to the party and I'm only a little late. 'Oi! Good job nobody came early cuz you're late.' Izzy looked drop dead georgous in a tight little red dress.

'Sorry Iz! My lecture over-ran, I got hit by a bicycle and there were no taxi's. Oh, and my bus driver decided to stretch his legs halfway into the journey.' I kissed her on the cheek and made my way into the house. 'You look stunning by the way!'

'Thanks. Shame no one is going to come...'

'Just give it time, all the cool kids dont come straight away. Now, lets crack open my vokda and have a few shots to start the night!'

I've made quite the dent in my drinks by the time everyone starts to arrive. I'm a little less worse for wear than Izzy currently is so I help her answer the door. By the time the house is full, I also have a few less beers and even less vodka. I don't know how I'm still standing but it's only half 9 so I decide to man up and act as sober as possible. This'll work surely.

The doorbell rings yet again, but I just dont have it in me to make my way across the house. There are so many people here now that people are just letting themselves in, so these latest people should also get the hint and walk on through.

Chapter 2 - Jack

I neck a huge chunk of whiskey and nearly throw up. My ankle didn't seem bad enough for a hospital visit, so alcohol will be my cure tonight. I'll just sit back and let that kick in, Peter shall have finished preening himself by the time it starts to work. 

That man loves the mirror. I dove straight in the shower when I got home because I knew he'd hog it all night. I can't imagine what he does in there. Well, one could guess naughty things but I genuinly think he spends his time on his beauty regeme instead. I once walked in after an hour and a half and he was just trimming his facial hair, strand by strand until it was perfect.

I'm more of a wake up and go sort of man. If a year of Uni has taught me anything by now, it'll be that nobody cares what you look like. Peter flunked his first year and started all over again, hence the need to look good all the time - all these newbies still care about that sort of thing. And Peter sure loves to make an impression. I feel for the poor girl he wants tonight. I almost want to warn her but it might kill the buzz at her own party.

If she's fit enough, I may even try and snake her away. I love that me and Peter have that sort of rivalry. Makes the pull more worthwhile. Although, I'm not as much of a dirty dog as he is, I usually try and still see the girl afterwards.

It's gone 9 now and I've started swigging away at the whiskey. Sure is kicking in. Best go check myself over before I get too drunk to see properly. I make my way to my bedroom and do a quick check. My floppy brown hair has that 'just woke up' look that everyone seems to love. Black shirt and jeans are in tact, and I have a tiny bit of stubble on my face. Got that rugged boy band member down to perfection.

Finally, Peter is all set and we head out to the party. It seems to be in full swing and no reply from the doorbell meant that we just walked straight in.

'Catch you later, I want to find this girl quick before anyone else does.' And then he was gone. Now I have been left alone to fend for myself with a bunch of drunk strangers. To be honest, I'm just as far gone as they are after all that whiskey on the way over. Maybe I'll go make some friends I guess.