ᴅᴀʏ 4

Silence filled the living room as Jay and Joy sat uncomfortably on the couch, next to each other

Silence filled the living room as Jay and Joy sat uncomfortably on the couch, next to each other. "Aren't you going to talk to me?" He broke the suffocating air building up in between them. The latter ignored him and continued to scroll through her phone.

He sighed and peeked at her again. "I'll do the talking the, if that's the case."  She glanced at him, but avoided his gaze a second after.

A slight smile crept up his lips when he stated; "I remember planning a gender reveal party ." He looked at her and continued; "I still have everything in my notes, the cake, the balloons, everything."

His smile vanished as he concluded that he had low chances of winning based on what she's showing.

How he hoped he could turn back time. He recalls staring at her from afar, stealing glances, sending secret letters, he memorized everything. They were lost souls who found a home in each other; broken spirits that fixed each other's brokenness. And that's love, right? But then, if it was, why are they breaking apart?

Was it all really just a lie? The days, the weeks, the years he spent with her, was it all for nothing? Was it that easy to throw everything they've went through? How unfair love is, risking everything in the process but miserably failing in the end.

He sighed and looked at her who wasn't paying attention to him the whole time. She had earphones on both ears and was close to the maximum volume. He gently took out the earphone in her left ear.

"What are you doing? Can't you see that I'm listening to music?" She annoyingly looked at him; taking back the earphone he just removed.

He creased his eyebrows a bit and gently told her; "And can't you see that I'm talking to you as well?"

"When someone's talking to you, try to listen and give your attention. At least try. It's rude and immature when you don't." He kissed her forehead and added, "I don't want anyone thinking bad about you, okay?"  He walked out of the living room and went to his room, his anger still evident but was now overpowered by his unending love for her. With this thought in mind, he again took his paper and pen:

╔═══════════════╗

Day 4:

You are perfectly imperfect.
We all make mistakes and that's what to expect,
But that doesn't mean that I wouldn't correct.
You're beautiful but misunderstood,
So stop trying to be just like the neighborhood.

I can see it, I know what you're feeling,
So let me tell you 'bout what I'm seeing,
That wasn't the Joy I have met before,
You're better than that, I know, you're way more.

╚═══════════════╝

After writing his intention, he sat on his bed and meditated on his thoughts. He was too occupied to notice that time flew fast and it was already dark. He fell asleep thinking about her, as always. She's probably annoyed by the fact that he kissed her forehead and took advantage of her uneasiness.

But he'll deal with it tomorrow. For now, he wants to appreciate the fact that he was able to share an intimate moment with her, even if she hated it.

 For now, he wants to appreciate the fact that he was able to share an intimate moment with her, even if she hated it