?

week | ᴛʜᴇ ᴀʟᴛᴇʀɴᴀᴛɪᴠᴇ ᴇɴᴅɪɴɢ

Jay opened the door and put his things down. After a busy day at school, he went home with a bag of snacks for the love of his life, who's currently busy with her studies.

He took small, quiet steps and found his way right in front of her door. He didn't even bother to knock and just opened it, only to find Joy sleeping on top of her books.

A small smile found its way to Jay's lips as he stared in awe at this beautiful young lady in front. Oh how he'd give the whole world just for her. The things he did, and will be doing just for this girl, is... let's just say, out of the ordinary.

Love, he guesses.

"Love." Jay called out, almost like a whisper. Being the light sleeper that she is, woke up and rubbed her eyes trying to adjust her blurry vision against the blinding lights of the lamp that stood just before her.

Seeing Jay smile, made her smile. "Good morning, let's eat dinner together." He stated to which she just gave a nod, still a bit (too) sleepy to even understand the joke he just told.

"I brought pizza." That was it. That's all it took for her to jolt her body up from her table and let the adrenaline running through her veins control the most out of her.

She ran down the stairs and went to the kitchen and opened the box. It greeted her with the sweet smell of pineapples and pepperonis.

Yes, Hawaiian pizzas. He really knows what she prefers.

"How's school?" Jay asked and went near the table. "Boring." She said.

"There's this one guy trying to ask me out." The young lady nonchalantly says and scoffs when she saw Jay quirking his brow. She continued: "I don't like him in a romantic way though. He's like a brother to me, more like a son. I want to have a son like him."

Jay choked out of air but she didn't care and proceeded to talk some more. "He's kind and sweet and very understanding. It's just that, I don't like him that way. He's still a baby, you know?"

"You're still young, why are you talking about having a son?"

"I don't know, anything could happe-." Seeing the reaction he gave, made her stop and laugh. "Am I wrong though?"

He knows how she loves to kid about these kind of stuff so he decided to join her and, "You can't have a son or a daughter. You don't even have a boyfriend. What are you talking about?"

They both laughed and set the topic aside, letting the comfortable silence take over. Joy stared at him in awe. After a few minutes, she suddenly took her phone and played a song, his favorite song to be exact.

She stood up, went to him and offered her hand. "May I have this dance?"

"My pleasure."

It was a good five minutes (or so) of them just enjoying each other's presence, not until he asked, "What's this for?" confused of the sudden slow dance.

She pretended to think, looking away for a second but going back after. "I don't want to attend prom." The latter only nodded and decided not to ask anymore. He knows she will tell him sooner or later, and maybe even convince her a little bit.