XX • WHAT LIES BENEATH

Start from the beginning

"Okay, then I guess that would mean that he doesn't want to be found, so, uh, why don't you just drop it?" Stefan suggested before Tyler marches right into the house through the closed main front door and into the parlor.

Rosie raises her thick dark eyebrows briefly, "Sure, just barge right in."

The hybrid takes a seat on the couch opposite the witch, "We have a problem: Markos turned Sloan into a vampire, had her drink doppelgänger blood, and after some chanting ritual thing, she turned human again."

Rosie frowns, though amazed by the traveler magic, "He cured her?"

"He cured her to death. The blood took away her vampirism but left her in the state that she was in just before she turned." The witness reported.

"That state being dead. Got it." Stefan surmised in deep concern.

"So it kills vampires. What does the spell mean for the witches?" Luke asked, deeply concerned for his and his sister's kind as well about this.

"No one cares. Wait. Keep going." Damon asked the possessed hybrid.

"The point is, they feel if they can get rid of all magic, they'll break some lame-ass witch curse." Placed upon the travelers fifteen hundred years ago.

"The curse that was put on the travelers by the witches." Rosie highlighted.

"Yeah, because the immortal bitch Alexandra led them to it." Tyler snapped.

"No, their fear of Alexandra led them to it." Stefan corrected the teen.

"Markos said they can't settle anywhere without evoking earthquakes or hell-fire, which is why Agnes created the very first banshee, but they break that curse, and they just move right on into Mystic Falls." Damon recalled.

"And come after Rosie, Elena and me today, as in now." His brother finished.

"Oh, well. Markos had a good week or two in the land of the living. Now where is he so I can kill him?" Damon turns back to the victimized teen.

Tyler shakes his head, "No idea. They were moving camp when I got out."

"Well, good news. Our friend Luke here is an alleged genius at locator spells." Damon turns back to the utilised young sophomore.

"Travelers are always moving. They're impossible to track. They'll find Rosie, Stefan and Elena long before we can find them." Luke warned them.

"Well, what about one of those locator spell blocker deals? Is that simple enough for you?"

"If all doppelgängers are in the same place, yeah." Luke replied, nodding.

"Perfect." Damon turns back to the Lockwood hybrid, "You avoid the entire Czech language, figure out how to find Markos or Agnes, or Melissa."

"How am I supposed to do that?" Tyler asked, truly puzzled by now.

"Well, you have a traveler inside of you. I mean, I have probably-misplaced faith that you'll figure it out." Damon turns to Stefan and Rosie, "Meanwhile, you both and I, and my ex-girlfriend are going to go on a little secret trip."

"Sounds great." Rosie said with a small smile on her lovely face.

****

Bill Forbes' Cabin

Rosie Kartwright and Stefan Salvatore are alone outside, unloading their large bags from the trunk of her parked black Acura while they are talking about the horrible incident that occurred the previously threatening night, in hopes that they can successfully hide the raw truth and no one else will bring Enzo up as a topic to discuss any time soon. Caroline, Elena and Isaac, however, are already inside, organizing their things, completely oblivious of what has happened to Enzo and neither of them are eavesdropping on Stefan and Rosie's secret conversation outside, much to the duo's relief.