First Day

(Chapter 1: First Day of School)

Kale, a Beta at the school we attended to, was arm wrestling Emily, the only Alpha here. They were both staring each other down. Kale was sitting backwards in his chair, elbow resting on Emily's desk. I looked away just to have Stacey, another Beta, stretch across my desk, a seductive smile crossing her lips. I leaned back in my chair casually, folding my hands behind my head. A thump sounded, followed by a screeching chair. I glanced over to see Emily standing and pointing at a scowling Kale. Stacey followed my stare, as we watched the scene unfold.

"I won, Kale! Pay up!" Emily said, smiling and making a motion with her hand, telling Kale to give her his money. Kale grumbled and tugged out his wallet (which was connected to a belt loop by a chain), and pulled out a ten dollar bill. Emily smirked, angling it up at the ceiling checking to make sure it was legitimate.

"It's real! Jeez, Em. It's not like I know how to counterfeit!" Kale growled out, shoving his wallet back into his pocket. Emily stared at it a little longer, just to piss off Kale. Finally, she lowered the bill.

"I know, honeycakes! There's no one in this world completely perfect!" Emily stated, placing a kiss on Kale's forehead before he could move. She sat down in her seat, and picked up her purse, putting the bill in it. Kale's nose wrinkled in a snarl and he spun around in his chair and faced the front of the class.

Stacey's eyes moved back to me, as she slid a finger up and down my chest. I used to string Stacey along, using her when she was needed. Yet, ever since I met that mysterious Pureblood two weeks back, I had completely shut down to her. In those two weeks, every single sign of the Pureblood ever being here was erased, and she never showed up again. Still, she had gotten to me. I shook my head at Stacey and she pouted before getting up off my desk. She slinked back over to her's that was across the room. Mr. Klodge, our science teacher, bustled into the room. Turning towards the chalkboard, he started writing a series of rules on the board.

"No talking while I am. Mischief will not be tolerated. No complaining about the partners you've been set up with, except now." He turned sideways, sweeping his arms out as a collective groan, including I, was released. He turned back and continued writing. "There will be little homework, but when you do have some, I expect it to be done. Respect my rules, and I respect you." Mr. Klodge set the chalk down and turned around and clapped. "Lastly, I will not stand tarties. You either show up on time or don't show up at all!"

At that time, the door swung open and a panting girl was revealed. Her tawny colored hair was about mid back, and she had side bangs that she pulled out of her face. Her big, hazel eyes were ringed with thick lashes that were darkened with some mascara. Her full lips were a light pink and were moistened when she ran her tongue over them. She was about 5'2" and was slim. She wore some ripped shorts, a peach colored tank with a white design circling around the bottom hem, and Gray vans. Then her scent hit me full blast. Vanilla and citrus. She giggled nervously, and I shuddered remembering a similar tinkling sound rush through me.

"Sorry I'm late, these halls are crazy confusing!" she said, waving her hands around as she walked up to a shell-shocked Mr. Klodge and handed him a hall pass. She blew out a long breath and turned towards the class placing her hands on her hips. A smile graced her mouth as she surveyed the room.

"So, where will I be sitting?" she question our science teacher, who had broken out of his shocked trance and became flustered that someone had broken his rule on the first day of school. Her eyes met mine and narrowed at the sight of the crescent moon that hung from the silver chain around my neck. I tucked it under my shirt uncomfortably, before meeting her gaze head-on. Her eyes widened as if she recognized me. We stared at each other until she looked away and rested her eyes back on our teacher. He sighed and glanced around the room.