20 facts about TAHCTP

20 facts about The Animals Have Come To Play

1: This book will NOT have a sequel.

2: Ariadne's house layout is the layout of my house

3: I'm sure someone out there reading this recognized him, but Cynric is played by Kim Jaejoong, a famous person in South Korea. Normally I don't like famous people posing as what I imagine my characters to look like, but I found Jaejoong fitting for Cyn.

4: This plot was by far the hardest to write. I didn't even have a plot until chapter 9. I have a feeling it's because I followed almost none of the werewolf story norms and had to create a whole new world -cue terrible Aladdin singing- (if anyone doesn't understand the way things are, feel free to PM me with your questions! I'll happily answer them! I might even start an FAQ if I get enough)

5: Leander wasn't originally going to go on their quest. I had to tailor the plot to him tagging along. It was hard for me to somehow juggle the attention between the two guys, and I was constantly worrying about not having one speak during a conversation.

6: The ball at the Kadel house was originally not a part of the plan along with Cynric having a betrothed. It was like one of those moments where you get so deep into the story, the characters take reign over what you're writing and things happen that shouldn't have.

7: This story was inspired by Vampire Knight.

8: I play a lot of Skyrim. So, the hunter encampment was heavily based off the bandit encampment called  Robber's Gorge on the game. I had to keep reminding myself to call them hunters.

9: Along with the hunters, I originally wrote the end fight to be with swords, but then I remembered this takes place in modern time and the whole scene got changed.

10: This story first started out with just drawings of the pendants and no idea for the plot at all.

11: Cynric's family isn't aware of the drawback to their power, but the drawback is that their personality becomes slightly altered depending on the occurrence within the memory of the past.

12: It may not have been that clear, which was kind of the attempt, but the reason Leander and Ariadne were arranged for a marriage was both to get allies of the Hallowfen family ever decided to try to move up to the position of fourth ruling family. The other reason was because Ariadne didn't have her pendant, leaving her weaker. Her father set up the marriage, so she could be protected. Leander's parents agreed to the marriage because they thought she could steer Leander away from the rebel path he was on.

13: I didn't know which boy she was going to end up with until the chapter "The Ball".

14: My favorite character was Veronica and all the crazy phrases she said.

15: This is my only story that will be written in first person.

16: As of right now, the story was 48,859 words, the longest chapter being "First Day" at 3,115.

17: You never learned about the reason behind the Chinese dragon tattoo on Leander's side. Aside from being known for its magical powers over waters, it's also said to signify power, strength, and good luck. He got it in hopes of being able to gain those three traits on the black market.

18: My favorite chapter to write was "The First Werewolf" because of all the backstory that was introduced. The library was one of the most fun things to write about.

19: I'm a very uncreative person when it comes to houses. So, once again, I modeled one of the houses after someone I know. Nora's house was modeled after my older sister's.

20: I thought up this story while I was reading the book Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld.

ATTENTION! ATTENTION! So this story is technically completed, but there are many plot holes and revisions that need to be done and fixed. Every once and a while I might add a new chapter to make things flow better or to fill plot holes. Character actions may change as throughout the book I developed more of their personality. This won't happen right away, but once 2017 starts it should happen quite frequently, along with all of my other finished books.