Engagement Party

REQUESTED

"Congratulations you two! I can't believe you guys are engaged!" Y/F/N says as soon as I open the door to let her in. "I mean, I can believe you guys are engaged, I just can't believe it took you  so long to get engaged!"

"Yeah, yeah. We get it. We were supposed to be engaged by high school. What is up with everybody saying that tonight?" I shake my head and look at Rami who just shrugs, but the glint behind his eyes shows that he does know why everybody tonight keeps saying this.

"Because it's true." Y/F/N continues. "You two may not have been dating for as long as everybody had hoped, but the pining was real. Rami, you have no idea how much Y/N would talk about you or talk about her dreams that she had-"

"Okay! That's enough about that. Time for you to enjoy the party Y/F/N." She just laughs and rolls her eyes before walking towards our other friends. The dreams were the only things that I haven't told Rami about yet, and I kinda don't want to. It's quite embarrassing, especially since they still happen today. But I know I'm gonna have to tell them to him soon.

"Dreams huh?" He smirks at me and he wraps an arm around my waist to bring me closer against him. "Want to tell me about them?" Knew it. But even after all this time of knowing him, he never fails to thrill me with his husky words or a simple touch.

"Not right now. Later. There are children in the room." I say, glancing at Joe who is talking animatedly to a group of people including Ben, Lucy and Gwilym.

"So, it's not child friendly, got it. I'm looking forward to hearing about it later." He says in a husky voice and kisses me quickly on the cheek before stepping back. "Anyway, I've got to go and quickly do something. I'll be right back."

"Wait - where - what?" I start to stammer but he's already walking away.

"It's a surprise ." And he's gone. I sigh heavily.  He's been disappearing more and more often throughout the last week which is getting very suspicious and frustrating. Especially when other people are involved. No, I know he's not cheating on me, I have complete faith and trust in him. He's also way too nice to even think about cheating on me. I just want to know what the fuck he's doing!

I haven't been drinking much, but the night seemed to be becoming a blur. Talking to friends, dancing, watching Rami disappear, reappear, only for him to disappear not even 5 minutes later. This was supposed to be a night we celebrated together, but he's spending most of his time away from it all than here. But suddenly the music stopped and Rami is standing up on a chair trying to gain everyone's attention.

"Hey, everyone." Rami begins once everyone is quiet. "Thank you all so much for coming to Y/N and I's engagement party. It's definitely been a long time coming. Now, anyone who's known Y/N and I since we were 5 will know just how long we have been pining for one another. I guess now's time to say we're sorry for putting you through all of that. 

"Things always seemed to be getting in the way of us actually getting together. Our obliviousness for starters, then it was our other relationships, our distance through different universities, our jobs, the timing, until we finally said 'fuck it' and got together. Now's the part where I talk about how happy I am to be with Y/N and say how much I love her, but why should I tell you when I can show you?" He steps down carefully from the seat and moves to stand next to me as the T.V. turns on and images and recordings start filling the screen. Images of us.

It's a story all about out lives together, starting from when we were kids, to high school, to university, to now. A story which shows our highs and lows. Shows our good hairstyles and clothing choices to the ones I desperately want to forget. It shows us getting closer until we have our first  kiss on top of the hill that we call ours, our first date at our local arcade, a place we both said we wanted to go on our first date for year, getting our first place together in LA, getting our first pet from the shelter, until he proposed to me under the stars on the spot of our first kiss and the video ends.  I try and hold my emotions together, but no matter how hard I try, the tears just start flowing. 

"I know you're not really into anything sappy, and this is peak sappiness, but I had to -" 

"No, I love it. Thank you so much for this." I interrupt before he could even start apologizing and I look at him with as much love as I could. "I love you, so much." But even as I say this, I felt that these words weren't enough to express how I really feel. Rami smiles and places a hand on my cheek, wiping away the stray tears.

"I love you too, so much." I lean in to kiss him, and we try to show each other how much we truly love them, making the moment feel perfect. That is, until Joe shouted; "Get a room!"