My Love - Ahkmenrah - Part Two

This imagine will be slightly shorter, but please enjoy :)

When Sir Lancelot disappeared, I didn't think that we would be able to find him again. The world outside of the museum is huge and so very different to the world in which I grew up in. I thought it was impossible, no matter how high in hopes Ahkmenrah was. At first, I felt devastated that I knew that our time was going to come to a quick end, but the more I thought about it, the more okay I was with it. At least when it's over, I'll be with my love in the stars. But it turns out, all we had to do was follow all of the statues coming to life, such as the giant, metallic cats, also called 'lions'. They looked different to the cats which we usually worshiped, but they still acted the same. Oh, how they love chasing the light. 

Soon, we found Lancelot on a weirdly shaped temple to which Larry called it a "building roof top", with now an almost fully rustic tablet, a torch of fire and a half melted nose. It was so disgusting, but I couldn't seem to look away. It was just hanging there and he wouldn't do anything about it. But no matter how much we tried to get Lancelot to turn the middle piece and put the tablet into the moon light, he just wouldn't do it, even if it meant saving his own life.

Ahkmenrah hunched over, falling to the ground, groaning in pain and I immediately kneel to his side, overcome with extreme worry. His skin starts to turn grey, cracking as if he's going to break any second. He's starting to mummify.

"Larry, we've run out of time." He shakily says as the others start to drop around us in their frozen, wax figured, statue state, but my eyes only remain on my love as he struggles to stay with me. Tears spring to my eyes as we grab hold of one another desperately in an embrace. Curse what I thought before, I'm not ready to say good-bye to my love.

"No, no, no. This shouldn't be happening. Not when we're only just reunited once again. Don't leave me again, Ahk." I cry as I lean my forehead against his.

"Y/N, my love. It's okay. We will live again together among the stars. Our time together is not over. It will never be over. I'm happy that after 3900 years of being without you, I get to spend my last night on earth here with you, in your embrace." I bring one of my hands up to run along his cheek, needing to touch him, to feel him, even if all I feel is the cracked skin.

"I just wish we had more time here. There's so much I want to tell you. There's still so much I want to do with you, like maybe even starting a family."

"There may still be a chance to do that in the afterlife. This is not over."

"I love you, Ahkmenrah."

"I love you too, Y/N." We stay there, hunched over, eyes closed, holding one another closely as I struggle to stop the flow of tears. The silence between us is heavy, but full of the love that we hold for one another. I know now that death is only a temporary interruption to our life together in the afterlife, so I welcome it.

But suddenly I start to feel warmth spread through Ahkmenrah, so I open my eyes to see color come back to his skin and the cracks disappear, revealing the smooth skin he's always had. He gasps in a deep breath, a new life forming within in, forcing him to stand up. I stand up after him, looking confused until I see Larry holding the now fully golden tablet up to the moon.

"He did it." I whisper and look at Ahkmenrah ecstatically. Unable to control my happiness, I launch myself into his arms and he catches me eagerly, the both of us laughing in relief. The others celebrate with one another, but that is drowned out when I remove myself from Ahkmenrah to look him in his beautiful eyes. Pulled by an unknown force, we meet together in an urgent but passionate kiss, a kiss so overcome with love.

After breaking the kiss, Ahkmenrah looks lovingly into my eyes and says; "We're still here, my love. I'm never going to leave your side again."