Don't touch her - Freddie Mercury

I am so sorry it has been over a month since I have uploaded a chapter, things with classes and home have been incredibly hectic. But thank you for your patience.

Warning: abuse and swearing

REQUESTED

"Freddie, what's wrong?" I ask, concerned as I sit next to an unusually quiet Fred. He looks at me through puppy dog eyes.

"Nothing's wrong." He mumbled. Boy, you ain't fooling anyone.

"Honey, I know something's wrong. You can tell me." I place a hand on his but can feel him tense beside me. 

"Darling, you know how much I love you, but I don't know if I can right now. Not because your our assistant, but I just - I don't think I can right now." Freddie links his fingers with mine.

"Of course. You don't have to tell me until your ready, but I hope you know that I am always here for you." I can feel him relax beside me and he leans in closer to me.

"Thanks, Y/N. I just think if I were to talk to anyone about it, I think it would have to be Mary first." He says and I nod, squeezing his hand and giving him a little smile. He leans in and kisses me on the cheek and brings me into an embrace. "Love you, darling."

"I love you, too." I lean my head against his shoulder just in time  to see the familiar figure of Paul walk out of the room. What the hell was he doing here?

************

After everyone went to bed, I head into the music room, although I had to run away from some chickens that tried to chase me, but I made it. I just had to ignore the scratches. Its all worth it sitting in front of the piano again . Taking a deep breath, getting comfortable in my seat, I place my fingers on the keys and begin playing. I immediately start to relax as I let the music run through my bones. I close my eyes, letting myself get lost in the music and feeling all the tense emotions of the day leave my body.

"Why are you pretending to be a pop star you know you'll never be?" Paul's unwanted voice shatters my world and I immediately stop playing, turning towards him with a sigh. His judgmental eyes stare me down as he walks into the room to stand in front of me, arms crossed. 

"What do you want, Paul? I was enjoying myself before you arrived, but you probably knew that." 

"I want you to quit." He shrugs.

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me. All because you've cosied yourself up to the boys, doesn't mean your any good at your job."

"What makes you think I'll even consider giving up this job so easily? I love this job, so no way." I fold my arms and sit up straight in my seat.

"Fine, don't quit. But if you go near Freddie again, don't get me wrong, I will make your life a living hell. You don't know him, you don't deserve him." Despite how venomous his words were, I scoff. I quickly stand up, making him step back, obviously feeling slightly intimidated before he regained his posture.

"How dare you tell me what to do." I say in a tough, dangerous voice. "I love and care for Freddie more than you ever would or could. You only think you know Freddie, but the truth is, you don't know him. Nobody knows him unless he lets you know him. So you can shove your little threat up your ass, you fucking asshole." My head whips to the side so fast that I collapse to the ground. It's only when I feel the pulsing pain by my eye that I realize what just happened. The bastard just hit me in the bloody face! I raise my hand up to my eye brow, feeling something wet there, and pull back to see blood on my fingers. Well, fuck.

"You don't deserve him." He growls before turning on his heel and leaves the room.

**************

Who knew one hit could cause so much damage? Looking in the mirror, I'm horrified to see my eye has bruised black, purple and blue while the cut on my eyebrow just looks so angry. Luckily I had the foresight to ice my eye, so it's not as swollen as it would have been without it. There is no way I can go into work like this, but, as if he had been listening to my thoughts, there is a knock on my door.

"Y/N, darling, are you about ready? You're usually out here having breakfast with us by now." Freddie says, worry lacing his voice.

"Yeah, about that, can I have the day off? I'm not feeling 100 percent." I say without looking away from the mirror.

"Really? You sound fine to me. Can I see you? Maybe I can help..." He starts opening the door.

"Freddie, no!" I try and bolt towards the door and keep it shut, but it's too late. Freddie is already in my room, mouth open, eyes wide, looking at me in shock. "Y/N, who did this to you?" He approaches me and before I could look away, he holds my face in his hands to look me in the eyes.

"It's actually an embarrassing story. I was walking to the music room when one of the chickens..."

"No." He quickly interrupts, letting go of my face. "I know when your about to bullshit me. Tell me the truth, please, Y/N. Who did this to you?" I make myself look him in the eyes and I feel my heart pound in my chest at the tenderness and concern he holds.

"Paul." As soon as I say his name, his eyes harden, but he quickly brings me into an embrace.

"Why? Why did he do this?"

"He wanted me to quit and never talk to you again, and when I said no, he got angry." Freddie holds me tighter, as if he's afraid of letting me go.

"I'm so sorry, darling." He whispers.

"Freddie, the boys need you in the recording studio." Speaking of the devil. I can feel Freddie tense in my arms before he quickly lets me go and spins around. I can only stand there frozen as I watch the scene play out in front of me.

"You!" Freddie says with anger that I have never heard from him before. "Leave, get out. Your fired."

"What? What did I do?" Paul plays dumb. 

"What did you do? You struck Y/N. Nobody hurts my friends. Especially the friends who are like family to me. So leave."

"Freddie, you need me." He tries and Freddie scoffs.

"Like hell I do. You better hope I never see your face again." With that, he slams the door in his face. "Nobody hurts my family." He mumbles and I immediately jump into his arms for a hug.

"Thank you." I mumble into his shoulder appreciatively, my heart warming at what he did for me.

"Anytime, Y/N. You don't have to hide from me, ever. I love you."

"I love you too, Freddie."