twenty-seven; recruiting an army

( season six b ! )

( season six b ! )

recruiting an army.

Being so close to death made Harper reflect on what had exactly led her here in the first place. All of the people she'd loved and lost, all of the places she'd been and seen, and all of the things she'd done that no other person could ever relate to in a thousand lifetimes.

Not a day went by where she didn't think about the time Scott and Stiles broke into her house ton beg for her to go body hunting with them as if it was some normal thing teenagers did in their free time.

Sometimes she regretted it, like when Allison died or when Stiles was possessed by the Nogitsune, but most of the time she didn't.

That night had become the reason for so many things.

While Harper's fate was destined to tangle with the supernatural on her eighteenth birthday anyway, she couldn't help but feel so grateful that it had happened two years earlier. Otherwise, chances were that right now she'd be locked in Eichen House with no idea what an Empath was, or why her father wanted to drill a hole into her head. Her friends wouldn't have known where she'd gone or been able to save her either.

Harper liked to believe that she would have ended up with Stiles anyway. Maybe not as soon as they did, since they only spent so much time alone due to Scott being wrapped up with Allison, but she couldn't see herself with anyone else and the thought of Stiles loving another girl made her sick to her stomach.

Thoughts of her mole-speckled boyfriend seemed to calm her nerves a little. Well, as much as your nerves can be calmed when you and your friends are becoming targets for a dozen hunters with machine guns.

They were getting closer.

Harper wasn't sure how close since she wasn't as daring enough to look as Scott was, but each round rang in her ears so loud that she was almost sure they would start bleeding. A bullet hit the pillar by her face, blowing a massive chunk of concrete off and causing her hand to slap over her mouth.

Scott glanced over towards his best friend, his eyes growing wide when he saw a hunter approaching her silently from the other side.

"Harper!" Scott screamed, managing to dive over to her and somehow avoid the rapid crossfire.

The brunette felt his arms go around her and tug her into his chest when suddenly the screeching sound of a vehicle pulling up beside them echoed in her ears. Scott and Harper glanced up, expecting to be dead already, their eyes widening when they saw the familiar blue jeep.

"You didn't think you're doing this without me, did ya?" Stiles leaned out of the window, sending a wink to his girlfriend who gaped at him like he was a god.

"Without us?"

Scott and Harper's heads both whipped to face each other with alarmed expressions, barely processing the fact that Derek Hale was back in Beacon Hills— and he was there to help them.