one ; the start of the end

( SEASON SIX A ! )

( SEASON SIX A ! )

the start of the end.

"What in the hell were you three thinking?"

Wincing, Harper Verum, Stiles Stilinski and Scott McCall all turned simultaneously to come face to face with the Sheriff of Beacon Hills- also known as Stiles' dad. He wore a displeased expression as he glanced between the trio, waiting for an answer from one of them.

Red and blue lights flashed all over the place, coming from both police cars and ambulances. The paramedic that had been fitting a splint over Stiles' sprained wrist left the teenagers alone, allowing them to explain themselves.

"We were just trying to help?" Scott chuckled nervously.

"Why don't you try and help me understand what the hell happened here?" Sheriff Stilinski hissed, gesturing to the scene going on around him.

Stiles pursed his lips. "Right, well, we were trying to gently persuade him to pull over..."

Scott and Harper, who stood either side of Stiles, peered around at each other, raising their eyebrows. Even Stiles didn't sound confident in his answer- and that was because it was a total lie.

Their late night crime watching had turned into Scott morphing into his werewolf form and literally jumping onto the windshield of a car while the man screamed 'demon' at him the entire time.

Harper exhaled quietly, "he was getting away?"

Noah nodded in confirmation. "He got away."

"Right, because obviously, he's some sort of criminal mastermind, dad," Stiles claimed, growing frustrated by his father's all-too-calm expression.

Sheriff Stilinski hummed and moved to the back of the truck that the man had previously been driving- right before he swerved off the road in an attempt to get Scott away.

"You want to guess what the stolen merchandise is?" Noah pulled open the back doors of the van, allowing the teenagers to peek inside.

Harper pursed her lips in disappointment, seeing nothing but tanks filled with gas. Which gas, she had no idea, but she guessed it definitely wasn't important enough to get the man to crash to a stop.

The hazel-eyed boy next to her winced. "Critical life-saving medical equipment?" He tried.

"No."

"Poison gas?"

"Nope."

"Filled with drugs?"

Noah leaned forward, not amused. "Helium."

"Helium?" Stiles stammered back, now feeling extremely discouraged.

Harper sighed, patting his back. "Helium."