twenty-five; aftershocks

( season six b ! )

( season six b ! )

aftershocks.

"Okay, so Scott, Isaac, and Liam are at the school because they think Mrs Finch is the other half of the Anuk-Ite, Mason and Theo are looking for Aaron, and Lydia and Malia are trying to revive a dead Hellhound," Stiles sighed stressfully as he switched his phone off with a satisfying click and pocketed it.

He glanced over at Harper who was changing into a black skater skirt, zipping up the side so that her knitted black sweater was tucked inside. Her face was void of emotion, but she looked much healthier than before as she reached forward and grabbed her hairbrush off the desk, running it through her thick, dark locks.

"Did you hear what I said?" Stiles questioned softly, his eyes widening when seconds later she was sniffling back tears.

He rushed over, taking her small frame into his arms and holding her tight. "Hey, hey," he cooed, "what's wrong? Why are you crying?"

"Sorry, sorry," Harper pushed her head off of his chest, wiping under her eyes, "I just feel like I've lost a really big part of myself. And I should be happy because I can't feel the whole bloody town's fear anymore... and I literally hated being an Empath, but..."

"I know, I know," he hushed her, stroking some fallen hair out of her face and behind her ears. "I mean, I obviously don't completely understand 'cause I'm just a human, but... but you will be able to work through this. I promise."

"A-and I just feel like I let my mum down," she whimpered, "and every other Empath ever. I was the last one and n-now they're extinct because of me-- and for all we know, Allison may never even come back."

"Deaton said that the son came back when the Empath and the Banshee needed him the most," Stiles reminded her softly, "we just have to wait and be patient, and everything will be worth it."

She wrapped her arms around his body, breathing in the scent of his cologne and instantly feeling a little calmer. Stiles rubbed her back, letting her stay there for a few minutes. To be honest, he was more than thankful that this happened. If Harper had remained an Empath, Deaton said she wouldn't have made it another few hours- not with the two sides of the Anuk-Ite so close to merging together.

"I'm happy you're back," he barely heard Harper murmur against his chest, but he felt the vibrations tickle past his shirt. "I missed you so much."

Stiles squeezed her tighter. "I missed you more, and I'm not going anywhere. Not until everything's okay again here, that's for sure."

It went quiet again for a bit, but Harper pulled away and looked him directly in the eye. She took in how hazel they were and how when the light poured in from the window behind her it made them appear golden.

"You're so beautiful," he said the words before she could, capturing her lips in his.

It was short but sweet, and everything Harper needed right there and then. She placed her hands on his broad shoulders and gently pushed herself away from him, their noses brushing and her forehead pressed to his. He began to smile, making her smile too.