More Than It Seems

THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS SCENES THAT MAY MAKE SOME READERS UNCOMFORTABLE. PLEASE READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

CIA:

I slowly regain consciousness, my eyes still closed when I hear footsteps coming towards me. I open my eyes feeling dizzy, something smells really bad in here. I make an attempt to push myself up only to fall back down. My head is killing me. A shadow falls over me protecting my eyes from the white light of the lightbulb as I try to get up once more. Soon after I feel someone lightly pushing my shoulders in an attempt to make me lay down. I turn to see that it was Emo. "You are finally awake" he says and before I can respond his muscular arms wrapped around me holding me closer to his chest.

I hug him back not saying anything. We stay like that for a bit before I feel my muscles starting to ache and pull away. He doesn't let go however and leans down with me as I rest my head on the soft pillow. "Oh, sorry you must want to rest I, I will wait for you outside. I didn't mean to bother you..." He backs away and I find myself missing his touch. "Stay" I order before I even realize when the word slipped from my mouth.

He stops on his tracks and reluctantly turns to face me."Are you sure?" he says taking a step closer, the worry visible on his face. "I am not known to be the best company". I smile as I answer "I know. We have been friends long enough for me to realize. But still...you are kind of cute so you make up for it" I see the blush he tries to hide by lowering his head to the side. Eventually, he comes and proceeds to sit on an old wooden chair next to my bed. I motion him to stop and come sit by my side which he does immediately. I couldn't help but see him as a puppy for a moment.

"I got so worried when you passed out. We were going to find Sandra and you just collapsed! I carried you to the pharmacy and they told me you just need some rest, that you probably haven't been sleeping enough this days". I take a moment to decide what my answer should be, I don't think he should know about the dreams I have been seeing for the past week. Then again I don't know what else to say. School hasn't given us any assignments and I don't stay up late studying. I slowly turn my head to face him and simply nod. I will tell him and Sandra what's going on once I figure it out myself. He looks at me not saying anything. Emo always had a way to understand whether or not to push the subject and he must have decided that I have my own reasons for not speaking. "Ok" he says looking at me with a small smile. I smile back and after a moment I decide that it's time for me to get up.

"I need to get up, lend me a hand" I say while turning to the side to face him better, extending my hand to him."Are you sure? Don't you think it would be better if you stayed laying down for now?" "Nope. I am as good as I am going to be. Now, help please?"
He seemed to process my request, looking at me, mouth a bit open and eyes full of genuine concern. I lowered my hand to support my self a minute after still waiting for his answer. He was about to say something when I decided that I already knew what I was gonna hear sitting up and telling him to move aside. "Cia I am sorry but I don't think you should..." I sight while my impatience to get up started forming on my face judging by his reaction. Even a child could tell that he had tensed up waiting to get me if I try to jump off the bed.

I am about to open my mouth and tell him off when the smell from before suddenly becomes even stronger making me instinctively cover my nose. "What is that horrific smell" I say still covering my mouth. Emo looks at me strangely before saying "What smell?" I roll my eyes maintening eye contact "Are you kidding with me? Don't tell me you can't smell it! It's like how a dead rat would smell or something". Emo looked at me confused,not saying anything. I wanted to get up and see if there is anything behind him but I was sure he wasn't gonna let me.

I lay down completely and let go of my nose. If I need to see I will just make him leave. "Where is Sandra?" "Talking with your parents. Someone needed to inform them because the doctor has to leave. Today was his break, I don't know why he came back but he is saying that he won't stay to watch over an annoying teen and her creepy friends.." He said the last part looking down, almost whispering. I let a sight and turn my head to him. Up until now I was watching the ceiling. He always pretends to not care but he does." Emo-" I am about to tell him that he shouldn't care about what that dick of a doctor said. "It's alright".He looks up at me, a small sad smile on his face. "Agh.. I don't think it is but if you don't want to talk about it I can't make you". I surprised myself with how husky my voice came out. As if I hadn't had water in ages. I suddenly feel a cough rising from inside of my throat and sit up to prevent me from choking. I start coughing like crazy not being able to control it. "Water" I manage to say and Emo nodded in understanding. "Shit. No water here, I will go get you a bottle, please try to stop the coughing!" I frantically nod and and see him leaving the room from the corner of my eye. The coughing stopped soon after. I let a sight out and lean on the wall on my right.

I can finally get up. The thought crossed my mind when I realized that Emo wasn't here still. I turn and put my feet on the ground. A splashing sound was made. The same kind as when you walk on water, but something was different. It sounded more...hollow. I open my eyes and let go of my head. Still looking at my feet. Red. All I could see was red. A beautiful, deep, scarlet color filling the floor. Almost like blood. Wait...it doesn't only seem like blood. It smells like it as well. I open my eyes wide when I came to the realization that the floor of the pharmacy was covered with blood. I look on the walls and they too had blood on them. Human palms drawn by blood. They weren't neatly shaped. More like ended up there when someone was slammed against the wall.

I turn and look at the other side of the pharmacy where the selves with the medicines were. Two corpses were decorating the floor. Their insides were out of their body, spread on it. Huge bite marks covering both of them. I noticed that they were missing some limbs. A hand was resting about a meter away from the first body while the other one was missing a head. My pulse started to rise and I was about to scream. I raise my hand and instinctively cover my mouth. Something warm and slippery covered my face. My eyes wider than I ever thought possible, looked down. My palms were covered with the scarlet color of blood. Their blood. I just knew that the blood on my hands was theirs. I didn't know how but I was sure...and I liked it.

I don't know the reason but I looked at the ceiling of the pharmacy so fast that I heard a cracking sound come from my neck. 'I am waiting for you'. Written with blood right above me. It was for me. He was was waiting for me. I grew excited and every bit of worry that I previously had vanished in an instant. A sick smile crossed my face and my emerald eyes felt really hot as I talked "I will come. Wait just a little longer and we will meet again my dear pet"

"Cia? Are you ok? Who are you talking to?" I gasp as I look towards the pharmacys door. Emo was standing there looking at me all warmed up and worried. He was holding a bottle of water in his hands. The room had gone back to normal. I turn my head to the side and relax my expression before turning to him again. "Have never been better" I face him and I can see from a mirror next to the bed that I was yet again smiling. Not the creepy smile from before but it wasn't normal. It held confidence and power that I never even dreamed of possessing. It was the smile of a hunter.

-----------------------------------------------------------

1545 words this time. I think I am getting better at making the chapters longer. What are your thoughts of the way things are going? If you want please tell me your thoughts on my profile or by commenting. I am new and may confuse you or become boring at times. That is all from me people goodbye! Stay safe!

~Sefrin600🖤