Valefront

"No everything is quite alright" comes the answer from my lips. The kind looking older woman gives me a small smile as she comes and stands to my side. "Well then we better get  going, it wouldn't  be wise to make the master wait any longer than he already has. Let's go miss" I nod as I follow her back to a mansion. "I would greatly appreciate it if you didn't take off like this from now on young miss. Not on your own at least, there are many of our stuff who would love to accompany you on your daily walks" The one who was in control of my body did not seem very pleased regarding what she was hearing, nevertheless, she mumbled a yes as I took in the mansions interior. 

  The walls had a light brown wallpaper over them, decorated by a thin green vine going down from their middle with small leaves popping every here and there. From the same walls hanged a variety of paintings, some were depicting seemingly endless meadows where people were having a picnic or cattle was simply enjoying the sun, others showed fruit overflowing from a basket and falling to the ground. But the deeper we went down the corridor the more bizarre were the paintings becoming. I saw one where a fainted pale woman was being supported by someone who seemed like a farmer. Behind them were children watching from the ground. Their disheveled hair, a vibrant brown, getting in their faces like it was trying to prevent them from witnessing a terrible scene. All three were expressionless, just staring at the woman's body with the blackest eyes I have ever seen in a way that made me feel uneasy. Like their eyes were little black holes ready to shallow her and then the farmer, perhaps even the paining off the wall.  

  Soon though we were in front of a large wooden door, the lady which i guess is a maid or a nanny, knocked on the door and announced my presence. "Come in" came a deep voice from inside the room. The old lady opened the door for me and motioned that I should enter. I did and inside I found a man in his forties looking straight at me from behind his desk. The room was obviously an old fashioned study judging from the furniture as well as the decoration. 

The man looked like he was from an other world, an other era. It was not just the clothing or the weird hairstyle but he as a person seemed to me ancient. In that moment I felt as though I was a mischievous child who had gone to the attic against my mothers order and just happened to stumble upon an old heirloom. Something precious but forgotten. Something I was not meant to see. Not only the man but the entire situation was not something I should have been able to witness, because I had finally realized that this was far from an illusion. It was far more than mysterious voices and lakes turning to forests. I was reliving memories that didn't belong to me. 

"It took you more time to realize than I expected Cia" The voice unlike before it felt almost like it was coming from the depths of my very mind.  "I kind of am actually. I mean, where else could I be?" said the voice, giggling like a child. "Somewhere far away would have been far more preferable" The fact that it chuckled made me be on edge. "Good... I so much prefer this you over some stupid blond who enjoys backstabbing people. At least you have the guts to come and do it right in our faces if so you wish. You are a predator after all"       

As I was trying to comprehend what I had just heard the man's voice forced me to turn my attention back to the situation at hand. This body's owner was in trouble it seemed and judging by the way things were going this whole ordeal was not going to turn out good for them. "Do not make me repeat myself again, where were you?" said the man obviously growing impatient. Young miss Elaine, the owner of this body and the memories that were now being shared with me clenched her fists while avoiding to look the other in the eyes. I could sense the anxiety this interaction was causing her, I could sense fear and maybe a hint of shame. I could sense her heartbeat rising and her chest going up and down as she took deep breathes, as if she was hoping to inhale her father's frustration and put an end to it inside of her.

"I was on the trail leading to the nearby stream father. I was hoping to see some fish today" said Elaine with a trembling voice. Her father who had by now gotten up from his chair behind the also wooden desk covered by papers and books was rubbing his temples in an irritated manner. A worryingly long sight left his mouth as he approached his daughter, his firm build and hight making her appear so frail and out of place. "I do believe I had made myself clear as to what the consequences would be if we catched you wandering by yourself again" A pause followed where none of the two said anything. The tension in the room began to rise, so much so that I could swear I felt it choking me as it entered the girls nostrils and consequently mine.

"I need you to stop doing that" I heard the voice say once again, intrusing my thoughts. "Stop doing what?" I answered back confused. "You shouldn't connect yourself to her so much or you might not be able to disconnect later on" Nothing was making any sense at this point. "What are you going on about?  Disconnect with her? What do you mean?" The voice came sounding incredibly insecure and worried in comparison with the air of confidence and the slight arrogance that was lacing it before. "I mean that you need to stop feeling right now" I began growing impatient with all the half answers I was getting. "And once again, explain" The voice sighted and didn't say anything for a while, for a moment I thought that it was going to just disappear again like before but sure enough it answered: "From the moment I allowed you to see this you unconsciously connected a bit with her when you attempted to take over her body. I was surprised but it wasn't much so I let it be. Then you started actually connecting with her by sharing her feelings through a mutual experience and before you interrupt me yes I mean her memories. Since you are seeing everything from her perspective it's very close to you actually experiencing this as a person of your own. Consequently the sting became a rope which will have to come undone to return to your conscious state"

Now it was my turn to sight. "You suck at explaining things you know. What strings and what ropes?" "How do I say this... It's the same with everything you come in contact with, whether that everything has a soul or not does not matter. You form bonds, emotional or practical connections with them meaning that letting go can sometimes cauze you a certain level of emotional distress. Especially when that something you connected with has influenced you in some way, positive or negative again does not matter" This was getting more complicated by the second. "So?" My question sent the voice over the edge as it began speaking faster and faster "For fuck's sake, are you dump!? Your soul and her soul are colliding, if you don't stop sympathizing with her right now there is no waking up from this dream!"