Chapter 66: Pleasant Present and Dark Flashbacks

The little princess giggled as her mother bounced her lightly in her arms, lightly hugging her deeply missed daughter. "Mama missed you sooo much!" Elsa cooed, pressing a kiss on Auriana's forehead, "Were you behave with your Aunt Anna? Mm?"

Anna smiled and folded her arms, leaning against the wall casually, "We had a good time. Even if it was just baby talking and Chandler snoozing all the way."

"Well, he takes after his mother," Aiden grinned mischievously as he held the delicate mentioned prince, "Deep sleeper. Deep grouch too once you wake her up."

Elsa raise her head up high, mocking a defensive scowl, "I am not a grouch... but if you wake me up after ten stacks of paper and five lectures from Kai I will definitely be worse than a grouch."

"Cheer up, love," Aiden smirked, "I know how my kisses work on you."

Elsa smiled slyly, "Flattery gets you no where, my king."

"Alright, stop the affection, people. I'm solo today since Mama and papa are out with Kristoff in the Northuldra, both of them were desperate to see the tribe again. They haven't seen it for so many years."

"That's nice to hear. By the way, I bought you and mama dresses."

"Really?! Oh my gods above Elsa, thank you!" Anna squealed, snatching the bag from her sister's hand, "I've been running out of clothes for like, weeks already!"

"You better thank that Kristoff isn't here," Elsa laughed, "He once told me that your wardrobe was about to burst."

"That little-excuse me, my dear sister, but repeating dresses is so not Anna! Ze ztyle iz ztyle, once said by Ambassador Adolphe of France!"

"You make a funny impression of Ambassador Adolphe. For your information, he speaks English with an appropriate accent."

"Enough about France and accents, how's your day out of the castle?" Anna flashed her a knowing smile, "I bet it's terrific."

"It was indeed," Aiden exclaimed, "It was fun sitting under our favorite tree in the open field. We also went on a little shopping."

"Ooh, what else did you guys buy?"

"We bought battle spears!" Aiden replied enthusiastically like a little boy entertained by his collection of toys, "Elsa promised me we're going to duel!"

"Ain't that something?" Anna guffawed, "Elsa? Holding a weapon? That's preposterous! She can barely kill a fly!"

"I tamed a fire producing salamander, a very fussy tornado, a bouncing, wild water spirit, thawed an entire kingdom, created a friendly snow monster, and built a two floored ice palace in five minutes, thank you very much for claiming that I, Queen Elsa of Arendelle, cannot hold a spear."

"... You make a great point." Anna blushed darkly.

"Again, thank you." Elsa rolled her eyes good naturedly.

"Ladies?" Aiden called in a hushed volume, "I hate to interfere, but look at the little girl in Elsa's arms."

Auriana, is indeed, sleeping. The two sisters smiled apologetically for being noisy, pressing a finger to their lips as a promise. Elsa gave a nod to Anna who nodded back, her heels clicking against the floor as she walked away from the two of them to put the younger platinum blond in her crib.

"I swear, every time Elsa holds the little dear, she looks like she's holding a younger version of herself." Anna chuckled.

"I can't help but agree. Auriana looks so... Elsa. Even though she doesn't have her mother's eyes her other facial features consists of her mother."