Gas

Gas had covered the room in thick clouds of inky black. A little girl in white simply stood and watched as their backs arched and they coughed violently.

   Their hands were stained by blood with tiny streaks of black from coughing. Their throats were scratched raw and blood dribbled down their mouths. The mother looked at the little girl with a terrified look, trying to mouth the words "everything will be okay" but failing miserably.

   The couple collapsed, their body's going limp.  The little girl only stared and seemed as though the gas had no effect on her. The corners of her mouth lifted slightly, creating a small smile.

   A young adult came rushing in with a mask. She was the older sister of this family and had been fighting the coughing and death just to make sure her younger sibling could live. She shoved a gas mask into the little girl's arms before collapsing and gasping for air.

   Her back had eventually stopped rising when the little girl had placed on the mask. The walls and clothing of the room she was in was covered with thick gas, inky slime sticking to it all. A peculiar thing about the whole ordeal was that the girl was not touched by the gas at all.

   Her eyes crinkled and a giggle escaped her mouth. Just minutes before, they had been sitting at the dinner table when gas had flooded out from under the table. They all had stood up shocked before trying to get out.

   The doors wouldn't budge and the gas was quickly spreading throughout the room. They had all yelled at each other to try to find a way out. A day before any of this had happened, the family was out on a trip.

   They were at a winter attraction when the youngest had ran off. The parents had looked everywhere until 2 hours later. They were so relieved to see the face of their youngest daughter that they hadn't realized that she had acted different.

   She was quite and barley made a mess of herself. Not only that but she had stunk of an odor that was hard to decipher. Even after the bubble bath her big sister gave her, the stench still stayed.

   Of course it wouldn't have been long before something happened. After all, the little girl had been excited to play with her new family.