I gaped at him. "You're threateningly observant." I seemed to remember him talking to Sydney the whole time. Or if he did catch a glimpse, it was days ago to even remember an unimportant detail.

He shrugged then nailed his gaze on the floor. "I heard he's a good guy. I think your dad will like him a little."

I nudge him playfully with my elbow. "I told you I just had a rough start. I'm getting myself a man after all."

Nathan fell silent.

I didn't know what else to say.

Then my room is eerily quiet.

Nathan clears his throat, the sound suddenly too loud. "So, what time is he picking you up?" His voice came out small, and his gaze stayed on the floor.

"He canceled."

His head whipped toward me. "He what?"

"He had some sort of emergency."

A crease formed between his brows.

"It's okay. I was just really looking forward to going out tonight." I sighed and looked down to my dress.

His fingers brush the side of my palm then his thumb rested on the long sleeve of my dress. "Chassie, do you remember that old outdoor movie park?"

My eyes widened. "Is it not abandoned yet?"

"Nope." He chuckles. "Do you wanna watch a movie? Let's not put that pretty dress to waste."

***

Nathan and I pulled into the outdoor movie park. The sight of occupied benches and cleared ground didn't disappoint me. Somewhere in the back of my mind, I remember they were always packed with movie-goers. And that Nathan and I always had our own place.

He opened the car door for me. I scanned the area while he disappeared behind the trunk. I walked toward him to lend a hand. The trunk popped open and he handed me the thick blankets. He then carried the basket along with a radio.

"I really hope no one's taken our spot yet," I went on ahead, knowing he will be right behind me.

"I'm highly doubtful about that." I hear him say.

Our spot was a clearing by the oak tree at the hilltop away from the crowd. The audio wasn't our concern. The privacy was. We had the great view, the sky full of stars and most importantly, we had the moonlight.

Nathan took one of the blankets from me and spread it on the very same grassy spot that surprisingly never changed. I immediately flopped on the blanketed ground and took the basket from him. "The movie is starting." I urged him to tune the radio on the right station.

He chuckles and sits next to me. "On tuned. I wonder what this movie is."

"It's Complicated."

"Really? How so?" He sinks next to me, genuinely confused.

I stifle a laugh. "No. It's what the movie is called."

"Oh." He chuckles, rubbing his neck with his palm. "That was embarrassing."

"It's okay. I understand that this is not your field," I tease. I unloaded the basket, laying the bottle of wine and a couple of glasses in front of us. "You brought cookies. Did you ask my mom?"

"Of course, I did. That would practically be stealing food."

I giggled.

He filled our glasses with wine. "I brought some chocolates too."