"A little bit of both." He stands up, offering me his hand. "We better go back before your mother comes looking for us. Or we'll be in big trouble."

I laugh and took his hand.

We went back to the party, grateful that the guests were thinning out. I appreciate the welcome party. They've been pretty clear with the warm welcome and everybody was genuinely glad I'm home. I just couldn't scratch off the discomfort. I never had the ease around people like my sister did. I guess the habit of hiding out can't fade over time.

I waved at Summer's car crawling back to the road. Andrei and France has left half an hour ago. My mother and sister are bidding other guests goodbye. Luckily. I froze when I saw Nathan coming over, a sleeping Ethan in his arms.

"Poor guy." I brushed his hair off his forehead with my fingers.

"Chassie George." Vren comes up from behind him, a playful grin on his face. "Lovely to see you."

"Lovely to see you too, Vren." I did a little curtsy.

"You never changed."

"Please, there has been some changes."

He did a once-over. "Good changes."

"Okay, stop it."

He chuckles. "How long has it been?"

"I'd say long enough." This came from Christian who stepped forward and took my hand. "But you never aged at all." He winks, reaching for my hand and then presses a kiss on my knuckle.

Nathan patted his shoulder. "Hey, keep your hands to yourself."

He holds up his hands. "To myself it is," he says, sliding his hands to his pockets. "When are we leaving?"

"I'll just tuck my son to bed. Don't go without me. You know I had a few drinks."

"I know. I'm on driving duty today."

"It's nice to see you guys." I smile before gesturing Nathan to follow me. We made it back inside the house, to my room where I intend to hide for the rest of the night. I turn the lampshade on, fluffing the pillows and smoothing the bedspread. I turn around, whispered his name when he didn't say a word.

"Yeah, sorry," he whispered back. Slowly, he laid Ethan down the bed and leans over to give him a quick kiss on the head.

I smiled. "I'm so glad he does well in parties."

He stood upright. "You did well tonight too."

I rolled my neck, exhaustion washing over me. I straightened, suddenly self-conscious when I realized he's watching me. "I'm sorry. This whole thing drained me out. And my feet are killing me."

"It's all right. You must be very tired."

"Yeah. And you?"

He shakes his head, his features shadowed. "Bearable enough."

"Go home safely."

I stare.

He stares back.

For a moment, we stood motionless. I was staring in a wild fascination of the slight change in his wardrobe. I was getting used to the flannel shirt and jeans, but suit and tie are a striking change nevertheless. All dark suits and broad shoulders – the pure fantasy material.

He clears his throat. "I better go."

I nodded. "Good night."

Nathan surprises me by reaching a hand to my face. His fingertip traced my cheekbone and stayed there for a little while. "It's so damn good to have you back."

There was comfort from the way he said it. I leaned to his palm. Although it's only for a few weeks, it's good to know I'm home.

"Good night, Chassie George." He smiles softly.

I smile back.

He turns to leave, giving one more backward glance to Ethan and me. I stare after his sculpted back, fiddling with a strand of my hair before turning to Ethan's sleeping form.

Book 2

A bubbly socialite has threatened to spread colors in Cade Parkinson's monochromatic life

A bubbly socialite has threatened to spread colors in Cade Parkinson's monochromatic life. The brightest ray of sunshine whose boyfriend just gone MIA. However hard he tried to fend her off, she's just too stubborn as his sweet tooth. He has weakness for sweets. And then inevitably, a weakness for Kathie Jane Lewis. Funny how his own sweet tooth put his heart on the line.