Chapter 5

P.O.V. Tasia

I checked my makeup and hair in the mirror of the sun-blocking thing on the roof of the car. Afterwards, I looked back to the court, but there was no one there. I jumped when a sudden knocking on the window gave me a fright.

I looked to the window and saw those beautiful hazel eyes. I opened the door and got out. His eyes wandered up and down looking at me just for a split second. I didn't think much of it because I'm pretty sure I did the same. He's just so hot, I thought to myself

 "Hey" he said while giving me a hug. His arms wrapped around my neck as I wrapped mine around his waist, laying the side of my head on his chest for a second. He held on a little longer than I thought he would. I wasn’t complaining though.

Damn. He smells gooood.

"Hi! How are you?" I replied as we pulled away from the hug.

"I'm good, just kind of tired from yesterday. How are you?" He smiled at me and we started walking towards the court.

 "I'm good too, just tired as well."

"So captain and point guard huh?"

"Yeah, I've always loved basketball. When I was younger I used to go to games with my d-." I stopped myself from finishing the sentence and looked to the ground.

"Are you okay?" He asked me, genuinely concerned.

"I'm alright," I smiled faintly at him. "It's just that basketball is my escape from all the things I've been through. Anyway enough with the sad small talk." We both laughed.

"Let's play!" He said a look of competitiveness in his eyes.

We ended up playing for about an hour and a half. I beat him by three points.

"Damn, I didn't know you were that good!" He said to me, breathing heavily because we had just stopped playing.

"You put up one hell of a competition though." I replied, then gulped down the water from my water bottle. 

"You're smart, I wish I had brought water," He gave a small laugh while he said this to me. "Hey do you want to go to Starbucks? Since I forgot a water bottle of course." 

I giggled at him trying to be so sly while asking me out. "I would love to."

Is it just me or did I just see Austin Mahone’s face light up when I said yes? We started walking towards Starbucks because there was literally a Starbucks on every street corner in Seattle.

We ordered our drinks; a Venti Caramel Frappuccino for Austin and a Grande Very Berry Hibiscus refresher, lemonade instead of water, light ice, extra shaken for me.

"You really know what you want," He said while laughing at my order.

"When you live in the birth place of Starbucks, you want your drink right." I said while giggling.

He started handing the barista cash to pay. I immediately stopped him and started giving the barista my money, "Let me at least pay for my drink!"

He swatted my hand away playfully, "Nope!" He said popping the "p". "Loser pays that's the rule." 

I giggled and gave into his adorableness. We waited for our drinks then sat down in a booth across from each other. After a minute of silence, he asked me "So what are you trying to forget when you play basketball?"

"My dad left my mom and me when I was 7. I know it was ten years ago, but I remember it like it was yesterday. He left us because he said he stopped loving my mom and had found someone else. Turns out, he had been having an affair for 2 years before he left. He left because his mistress had become pregnant with his child, and he simply didn't love us anymore. He left us like a pile of trash on the side of the road." 

I don't know why I told him all of this. I barely know Austin personally. I know the kind of basic stuff like his favorite color because I am fan of his music, but still, I barely know him. Something in his eyes and the way he had been treating me just made me trust him. 

I felt his leg press against mine under the booth table in a caring way to let me know that I was not alone.

"I kind of know how you feel. My dad died when I was young. It was unexpected, and it was so hard on my mom and me. We were also left with nothing because my mom was a stay at home mom taking care of me. It was hard to get back on our feet, but we eventually made it. I guess I'm just trying to say this to let you know that you're not alone."

I think I am falling for him.

Hard.

//A/N Wow this chapter sucks haha. Sorry it's short again, I promise I'll make it up to you guys tomorrow or the next day. I just thought this was a good place to stop it.

So I hate to be that person, but could you think about maybe voting or commenting? Its fine if you don't, I'll keep writing because I enjoy it haha.

Any suggestions for ship names? Austasia or Taustin :)

Oh my god guys you have to try the drink I mentioned in this chapter. IT WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE.

Love you guys so much :) <3 

Keep being beautiful on the inside and out!

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. The picture for this chapter is Tasia's mom, played by Mila Kuis.

XOXO//