Holding Onto You Chapter 20

Start bij het begin

"What? Are you serious? Are you sure?" Finn managed to let out, babbling like he couldn't believe it.

I nodded. "Yeah of course I'm serious. The offer still stands right?" Just making sure.

"Hell yeah." With that Finn pulled me in his arms and crashed his lips against my smiling lips.

I kissed Finn back and wrapped my arms around him pulling him closer and I just knew that Vincent had left the room.

I pulled back and Finn pulled me on top of him and I rested my head on his chest listening to his heart beat at a rapid pace.

"Finn."

"Hmm." He let out seeming like he's in a trance.

"Why did Vincent just leave?" I wanted him to stay.

"He and Brian are going to the basement to play beer pong with the team." He replied seeming to snap out of his trance. "Hunter if I ask you something, will you please be honest with me?" His excited happy content voice was replaced with a tone that sounded if I'm not mistaken... Jealous.

My brows furrowed in confusion. Did I say something wrong? Did I already mess up. Crap, that's why I needed Vincent to stay and help me out.

I lifted my head and nodded. "I'll be honest, I promise."

"Do you have any feelings for Vincent?" He asked bluntly and I stared in his direction for at least a minute before I jumped up standing up and shaking my head.

"Finn I... You need to understand that all this is new to me and I don't know what all of my feelings mean. I just know that I want to be your boyfriend and when it comes to Vincent I just want him to always be there for me. I don't know how I'm suppose to be as a boyfriend but I'm hoping that you will understand that I need Vincent to show me what's right and wrong and I need you as well to help me without confusing me and misinterpreting my actions. Vincent is my friend Finn and your best friend. You know him better then me. He won't come between us, am I right?"

"You're right, I'm sorry. I just-- I see the way he looks at you but I know that it's just because he has a soft spot for you but I'm not going to get jealous again I promise and I also promise that I will always be here for you and be completely patient with you and not jump to any conclusions. Please just promise me one thing." Finn sounded so soft and warm.

"What?" I whispered, since he'd come close to me and his breath fanned my lips.

"I'm the only one allowed to kiss you." He spoke, his lips brushing my own.

I knew what I was giving up and I didn't like it one bit but I guess it was time for me to actually make a commitment.

"I promise." With that our lips met, sealing the deal.

Finn and I came downstairs after kissing for a while and the music was blasting.

"May I have this dance with you?" My boyfriend asked politely and I smiled putting my hand out.

"You may." He took my hand and led me to where I could hear boys and girls laughing and talking. Finn pulled me against him and I laughed feeling over the moon.

I loved this feeling. Dancing at a party with someone I can call mine and having no worry in the world.

We danced for a long time before I was pulled out of Finn's arms and Vincent wrapped his arms around me from behind. He wasn't able to keep us steady and slurred as he sang the lyrics of the song currently on. I could smell alcohol on his breath.

"My turn to dance with you." He choked out finding it difficult to talk. He turned me around and I held his strong arms firmly so he didn't fall.

"Hunter?" Finn came to stand next to me and I nodded my head.