"Dad!"

"Hey kiddo," he said. He hugged me tightly to him. It's been a while since I've seen him, due to all the things going on. He set me on the ground and looked at me. "How you holding up kiddo?" I shook my head as tears threatened to spill out.

"Not good," I replied.

"Things will get better soon kiddo," dad told me.

"Promise?"

"Promise." I hugged him one more time before letting go and walking back to the car. I got in the back seat so that my dad could sit up front with my mom. Mom looked at me and smiled. Things between her and dad weren't that bad as they were before, but they weren't fixed either. They were okay.

"You might want to put this on kiddo," my dad said. He tossed me a purple jacket.

"I'm already warm," I said.

"I know but trust me, you'll need it." I shrugged and put it on. We drove for about a couple more minutes before mom pulled into the parking lot. I smiled at the familiar place. I got out and zipped up my jacket. It was always cold in there. Mom and dad walked inside with me. Once we got inside, I smiled at Betty.

"Abagail!" She exclaimed. I smiled at her. I've known her since I was a kid.

"Hey Betty," I said. I smiled at her. "Long time no see."

"You've grown so much since the last time I saw you," she said. "You look beautiful dear." I blushed and thanked her. "So what size are you going to need?"

"Seven and half," I replied. She nodded and handed me my skates. I thanked her again before running to go put them on. Ever since I was little my mom and dad always took me ice skating. I've haven't been here in about 3 years. I missed it so much and it was just the thing I needed to get my mind off of things. Betty came and sat next to me. She pulled me into a hug as soon as I was done putting on my skates.

"How've you been?" She asked me.

"I've been better," I replied honestly.

"What's wrong dear?" She asked me. Betty was about in her mid 50's. She reminded me a lot of my grandmother. She was so sweet and caring. I loved her since the first day I came to skate here.

"A lot of things are going on Betty," I said. "I just don't know what to do anymore." She took me hand in her small, warm ones.

"Look at me Abagail," she said. I turned and looked at her. "Things are going to get better dear. You're a smart, strong girl who I know can fix anything they put their mind rhrough. You'll figure something out, I know you will." I smiled at her and hugged her to me. "I miss your hugs Abagail." I giggled and pulled away.

"And I missed you," I told her. She smiled warmly at me.

"Go on then," she said. "Get on the ice. Let's see if you've still got it." I grinned and headed towards the entrance of the ice ring. As soon as I set foot on the ice, I forgot about everything. I put all my focus on doing the tricks I had learned a few years back. I focused on jumping and landing right.

An hour later, my parents and I were headed back. I thanked my dad for a good day. As soon as I got home, I thanked my mom again. I headed up to my room and barely got the chance to take off my jacket before my cell rang. It was Sarah.

"Hello," I said.

"I'm headed over," she said before clicking. I hung my jacket in my closet before heading back downstairs.

"Where are you going mom?" I asked.

"I'm going to pick up a couple of things from work. They needed to be mailed out today, so I have to pick them up, then drop them off at the post office." I nodded and went to the kitchen to get some water. Sarah came not five minutes after my mom left. As soon as I opened the door, Sarah barged in yelling at me. No surprise there though.