Chapter 9

© All Rights Reserved

The rest of the day went by pretty quick. Everybody who got a part was to be at the auditorium afterschool. I congradulated my friends on getting the parts they wanted. The only one I haven't congradulated was Nathan. I hadn't seen him all day. I guess I would have to just see him afterschool.

By the end of the day me and my friends were on our way to the auditorium. Everybody was excited, even Kate, and she usually isn't into plays. By the time we got there, all the students were there, except Nathan. My friends and I went to sit down in the front row. Two minutes later, Mrs.Hart showed up and then started introducing everyone and the character they were playing.

"Our Lady Capulet will be played by Hanna Preston," Mrs. Hart said. Hanna got up and waved. People clapped everytime a new person was introduced.

"Our Lord Capulet will be played by Seb Wheeler." People clapped a bit more loudly. Seb was the running back for the football team. He was popular. He just chose not to hang out with that crowd.

Mrs.Hart continued on with introducing everybody. Tracey got a part in the play. She was playing Lady Montague. When they called her name, she didn't bother standing up. Instead she glared at me.

"Our Romeo will be played by our star football player, Nathan Everest," Mrs.Hart said. Everybody clapped louder, but Nathan still wasn't here. Hmm, where is he? Right when Mrs.Hart was going to announce my part, the doors to the auditorium burst open. In walked Nathan.

"Sorry I'm late," he said quickly. I smiled at him, but he didn't smile back. He sat as far away from me as possible. I furrowed by eyebrows in confusion.

"Okay, well our Juliet will be played by the lovely Abagail Gold," Mrs.Hart said. Everybody clapped. I smiled and waved and then sat back down. After everybody was introduced, Mrs.Hart passed out scripts to everybody. She then told us to read through the script. She told us to spread out in groups and practice. Me and my friends went up on the stage and practiced there. When I saw Nathan heading towards another group, I went up to him.

"Hey Nathan." I chirped. "Umm Congratulations on getting the part for Romeo." I smiled but he didn't smile back. He just looked at me with a blank expression on his face.

"Yeah, thanks," he muttered and turned away from me. Before he could get away I grabbed his arm.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I asked concerned.

He yanked his arm out of my grip and then looked me in the eyes and said, "Don't touch me." I flinched a little.

"I just wanted to ask you if you wanted to practice with us?" I mumbled quietly. I looked up into his green eyes that were filled with so much anger.

"Leave me alone Abagail," he sneered low enough for only me to hear. I looked at him with confusion and hurt clear across my face. He turned away from me again. I followed him and grabbed his arm in a tight grip. He turned around and glared at me.

"I said leave me alone."

"I just wanted t-"

"I said leave me the hell alone Abagail!!" Nathan shouted. The whole auditorium went quiet. I felt the stupid tears come to my eyes.

"I-I j-just wanted t-to make sure y-you were o-okay," I stuttered.

"Well don't. I said leave me alone. I don't want to hear shit from you," he yelled. A small tear leaked out of my eye and I wiped it away quickly. He yanked his arm back and turned away from me. My lips were trembling and I stood there in shock. A couple of tears leaked out of my eyes now. I didn't bother stopping them. Instead, I grabbed my bag from the seat, and stormed out of the auditorium, ignoring my friends calling my name. The only thing I could think was, déjà vu much?