Chapter 8

© All Rights Reserved

I let out a loud shriek. I'm going to freaking kill Ryan!! Everything was cold around me. My hair and clothes were soaked. I broke from the surface and glared at Ryan who was laughing his ass off. Jerk. It's freakin' cold and yet he still decided to push me in. Then again he did have a reason to. I was just about to blurt out his feelings for Sarah. I should now, but I won't.

"I'm going to kick your ass Ry!" I shouted and got out of the pool. I stomped back into the house to change into warm clothes. Hanna, Kate, Sarah, and Ryan decided to just have a hang out here at my house. Seb was on his way. Speaking of Seb, I still don't know what to do. I couldn't stop thinking about our kiss. I mean I never really thought of him as more than a friend. I mean just the other day, I was complaining about how I didn't want him to audition as Romeo because that would make things awkward. Now I'm starting to think differently. Then there's Nathan. I still liked him, but I also sort of liked Seb. Well now is not the time to dwell on things.

I made my way up to my room and changed in some black sweats with a baby pink top. I put on my black Uggs and made my way out back. Everybody was on the table eating the burgers that Ryan grilled. I made myself a burger and just as I sat down the doorbell rang. I got up and went to the door, expecting to see Seb. But it wasn't.

"Nathan? What are you doing here?" I asked confused.

"I uhh wanted to ask if you wanted to hang out today," he said sheepishly.

"I can't. My friends are here."

"Oh sorry. Nevermind then," he said. Before he could walk away, I called him again.

"Yeah?"

"Would you like to stay?" I asked. "We're having a barbeque and just hanging out."

"I would love to, but your friends don't really like me. So uhh thanks, but no thanks."

"Nathan they used to be your friends too. Plus if your going to become my friend again, then you have to at least try to get in their good graces." I put on my puppy dog face and pouted. He smiled and nodded. I let him straight to the back yard. As soon as we entered, everything went silent.

"Umm, guys, Nathan is going to be joining us," I said awkwardly. Kate, Hanna, and Ryan all had scowls on their faces. Sarah just had a blank expression on her face.

"Maybe this wasn't such a good idea," Nathan muttered, ready to turn and walk away. I stopped him and practically had to drag him to the table. He sat down next to me, but still kept his head down.

"So uhh Nathan how were the auditions?" Sarah asked, with a semi polite smile on her face. Nathan shifted uncomfortably in his chair.

"They were good," he replied quietly. Everybody just dove into a conversation leaving Nathan out. I turned to him and decided to at least talk to him.

"I'm sorry," I said, with an apologetic look on my face.

"It's okay, I deserve it," he said shrugging. Just then the doorbell rang. I jumped up and ran to answer the door. I opened it to see Seb standing there smiling at me. He looked cute today. He wore denim jeans, a white t-shirt, blue sweater, and black vans.

"Hey," I said smiling.

"Hey Abby," he said. He surprised me by giving me a quick peck on the lips. He smiled sheepishly and started walking towards the backyard. Before he could get away, I grabbed his arm and went on my tip toes to give him a quick peck back. I got the butterflies that were in my tummy the last time we kissed. He grinned and we headed off to the backyard. When Seb got there, his smile turned into a glare. I didn't have to turn around to know who the glare was directed at.