"How it's strange. How everything can change so fast and you don't even know it."

"I'm sorry you have to go through this sweetheart." I looked at her and faintly smiled.

"I'm sorry too," I said. In a matter of time I got attacked, almost lost a best friend, lost a brother, and broke up with the most amazing guy in the world. My life at this point absolutely sucked.

Mom drove up to mall and parked her car. The rain picked up a little, so we had to run to the entrance. We got in and the warm air hit my cold skin.

"Where do you want to go first?" My mom asked me. I shrugged.

"Your choice," I said. She nodded and we headed towards a small jewelry store. She picked out a few things before she paid and headed out. Next we headed to multiple clothing stores. My mom helped me pick out a few things. She bought me new boots, shirts, dresses, shorts, and skirts. I only bought two skirts since I really wasn't a big fan of them. After we had our hands full of bags I suggested that we go eat. I was really hungry.

"What about Panda Express?" Mom asked. I scrunched up my nose at that. The thought of Chinese didn't sit well with my stomach. My mom saw my reaction and looked at me confused. "I though you liked Chinese food?"

"I do, but the thought of it make my stomach sick," I replied.

"What do you want then?" She asked me. I thought about it and I knew what I was craving.

"McDonalds," I said. The thought of a Big Mac, fries, and a McFlurry made my mouth water. My mom shrugged and we waited in line. I got myself what I wanted and happily sat down with my mom. She had decided to get Panda Express. I munched happily on my food. It sure as hell curbed my craving.

"You were really hungry weren't you?" My mom asked me.

"Yeah," I smiled sheepishly. "I haven't ate since yesterday and it's already the afternoon."

"Are you going to school tomorrow?"

"Yeah," I said quietly. "I have no choice. I can't just skip everyday from now on." I was really nervous though. Just then my cell rang.

"Hello?"

"Abby?" I knew it was Sarah's voice.

"Yeah," I said.

"Why aren't you at school?"

"I wasn't in the mood to go," I replied. I would tell her but she had enough to deal with.

"Don't let the break up get to," she said. My body stilled. How did she know? "Seb told me. I called and asked him why he wasn't at school and he told me everything. You and I are going to talk. I can't believe you Abby!" She shouted the last part.

"Sarah I-"

"No excuses! I'll talk to you later." She hung up without another word.

"What was that about?" Mom asked me.

"The break up," I replied. Oh boy was I getting it.

Mom and I finished eating before we headed out on the road again.

"I thought we were headed home," I told my mom.

"Not yet," she said. "I have another surprise for you, well we have a surprise for you."

"Who's we?" I asked.

"You'll see," mom said. I shrugged and turned up the radio. Soon mom pulled up into a house I've been to many times before.

"What are we doing here?" I asked slowly. He wasn't home so I had know I idea why we were here. He always worked on weekdays. Before my mom got the chance to reply he came strolling out of the house. He looked at me and grinned. I threw open the car doors and threw my arms around his neck.