Chapter 17: love will find its way to those who are least expecting it

2 DAYS LATER

"Fucking pile of shit!" I groan kicking my car tires. For some reason it's not starting up today. I think it's coz the tank is cold.
It is FREEZING this morning. It has been for the last two days.. I haven't used my car since I went to my office two days ago.

"You okay?" Michael laughed, I looked up at him and he was smiling at me.
"Yup" I reply shortly leaning in my car and turning the key trying to start up the car.

"Has something happened?" He asked softly coming over "my car isn't working.. my boss is gonna fucking kill me if I'm late.. I'm gonna be late if I don't set off within five minutes!!"

"You at the diner today?" He asked softly.
"Yeah.. and I don't wanna get the bus" I sighed rubbing my forehead in frustration.
He nodded over to his car then smiled at me "come on, I'll give you a ride"
I raised my brow at his dirty innuendo. He blushed laughing softly "I didn't mean it like that.. but If you want— I wouldn't mind..." he smirked playing with his car keys.

I look back at his house then look at him "would Amelia be okay with you giving me a ride??" I asked softly.. he looked at me and mumbled "she ain't here, she's on a business trip and visiting her mom"
I nodded not wanting to press the situation— he seems a little annoyed "okay, sure" I smile.
I take the keys out of my car and slam the door shut. I press the lock button on my keys and head over to Michael's car as I shiver.

"Y'all don't have a winter outfit for work??" He frowns as we get in his car and he nods to my diner dress that stops just above the middle of my thighs.
"We ain't have shit like that— Chris is a bastard" I laugh buckling myself up in Michael's car as he pulls out of his drive.

"Marlon and Sarah seem to be getting on great.." he says softly breaking the awkward silence.
"Yeah..." I trail off "I just hope they fall in love after we come back from travelling or some shit" I sigh. That sounded really selfish of me, shit.
"I said that wrong—" I begin "I just know that if Sarah falls in love with Marlon she won't wanna come travelling with me at the beginning of next year. This has been our dream since we've been children. I was just lucky enough to meet her a few years ago and we shared our dreams. We've been saving up for years. If she falls in love she'll bail out on me. I just wanna gets away from here, ya know? Start a fresh page somewhere else. I'm planning on moving to a beautiful place that I fall in love with while travelling"

"Really?" He asked frowning. "Why don't you stay?"
I laughed looking out of the window "there's nothing here for me. I have no man, I have no family. I barely have friends. I have so many bad memories here that I just want to pack up and leave.." i turn to him and chuckle "man, I don't even think I'm gonna pack. Just leave everything behind and fuck off" I shrug then look out of the window again.

"You have Sarah, jackie, all of my family— they love you."

"I'm not being funny Michael— but I can't be around them knowing what I've done with you. You cheated on your fiancé with me. I still feel so dirty" I shake my head feeling disgusted with myself.

"You shouldn't.. it wasn't your fault" he replies quietly.

"The first time it wasn't- no you're right. The second time?? I could of said no to you, but I let it carry on. Now, I'm totally to blame" I sigh looking down at my bare thighs.

I see his hand move and come in contact with my thigh "it's not your fault, okay?" he says demanding me to believe him.
I nod slowly.
We stop at the traffic lights and he looks at me with a small smile. He leans over and pressed his soft lips against my plump lips. He squeezes my thigh gently to tell me he's enjoying the kiss. He pulls away just before the light turns green.

He accelerated and rode down the road, keeping his hand on my thigh. Like a boyfriend would when you're on a date together.

I clear my throat and look out the window.

"I haven't seen roman in a while.. where is he??" Michael asked out of the blue. "He went back to the U.K. he needed to go back to work as he was presenting for a large music festival in the U.K." I reply tapping my acrylic nails against my thigh. "Oh right" Michael replied. He reached his hand over to my hand and grabbed it holding it tight. He squeezed it which was a little sign for me to hold his hands back. I held his hand making him smile.

"Aren't you looking for a relationship??"
"Me?" I ask shaking my head "nooo. I don't want one. And I don't really fancy finding the 'love of my life' right now. I'm focused on travelling. I want and need that more than I'll ever need a man in my life" I shook my head, forcing myself to believe the words flowing out of my mouth.

"love will find its way to those who are least expecting it—" he said "and plus, love is a beautiful thing. You find yourself thinking about them all the time when you shouldn't be. You find yourself wanting to impress them, to love them and hold them. You finding yourself looking at them for too long then blushing when they catch you"

Is he on about himself when around me?? He can't be.

"Love is overused anyway, it's boring and useless" I reply like a child would when they're being naive.
"Don't be silly, love is beautiful. You just need to experience it with someone who adores you— like I-"

Suddenly I come down feeling very sick. "Stop the car!" I almost shout interrupting him. I slap my hand over my mouth to stop myself from being sick in his car.

He pulls over and I open the car door and jump out being sick. He got out to and rubbed my back "it's okay, get it all up. Are you travel sick?" He asked.
I gave him a look "no! If I was travel sick do you think I'd really be going fucking travelling at the beginning of next year?!"

He laughed softly "shit.." he smirked rubbing my back "Yeah, that's true!"

Why the fuck am I being sick?!