Chapter 8: build a bridge, and get over it.

A WEEK LATER

With no contact with Jackie and michael, I feel somewhat happier. I sometimes see Michael leaving the house with Amelia but I back back into my house and shut the door until they leave.

Yes I have been avoiding them. I just don't wanna speak to no one.

My phone has been harassed with none stop messages from Jackie asking what he's done wrong. And the worst thing about it is— he's done nothing wrong. I just can't continue seeing him knowing he's catching feelings for me.
I sigh opening my front door, I walk out and quickly yet quietly close it behind me making sure to lock it. I head over to my car, I groan when I hear my name being called "Maddie.. Maddie?"
I turn around to see Michael walking up to me. I roll my eyes entering my car. I slam the door shut, put my keys in and turn on the radio.
'Still got you on my mind, starting to realise that no matter what I do I will only hurt myself, tryna hurt you and if I turn the music loud just to drown you out— I'm begging please don't playyyy no moreeeeeeeeeee no moreeee saaad song I'm begging please don't play no more sad songs'

Michael is knocking on my window while I'm trying to sort some paperwork out in my car. I turn to look at him and lower my eyebrows. I put my foot on the pedal and start backing out of my drive slowly making sure to run over his— I mean not run over his feet. I chuckle to myself shaking my head. I pulled out of my drive and lined myself up in the street. I put my foot down on the accelerator and slowly pulled off down the road.

Once I get to the mall, I park up in the garage that's located underground, underneath the mall.
I enter the mall and walk around window shopping at this point. I walk into Victoria secret and buy a load of underwear.
Red ones, neon, blue, black, white, army green, purple and yellow kickers with matching bras.
I smile to myself walking out of the shop, I don't even know why I'm smiling. I'm just smiling.
I walk in more clothes and makeup stores buying a load of stuff for myself, it's not wrong to treat ourselves sometimes!
I walk to Starbucks to get a drink, it's also where I'm meeting Sarah for a little— a little catchup as she's been ill and hasn't been to work the whole week. She insisted that I didn't go to her house as she was really ill and didn't want me catching whatever she had. But she's okay now and back to work tomorrow. But because we're bestfriends we just couldn't wait till tomorrow to see each other. I smile and say hello to the girl at the counter, she works here most days so it's often that I see her. I ask for my usual.. a caramel Frappuccino with whipped cream and chocolate powder sprinkled on the cream. I order a hot chocolate for Sarah as that is what she wanted.
"That'll be just $10 please" the girl confessed. I pulled out the money she needed and handed her it.
"I'll just sit down" I told her, she looked at the long collection que and nodded at me with a smile.

I decided to message Sarah.
Me: hey, I'm at Starbucks now and just ordered our drinks.. which means you're gonna have to get your fat ass on the move and quick!!
Loving you always xxx

I sent it and chuckled to myself.
I hear a soft voice from behind making me gulp "you always that mean to her?" He asked with a chuckle. I turned around coming face to face with Michael. I rolled my eyes and turned back around so my back was facing him.
"It's rude to ignore people when they're talking to you Mads" he called me out: he also called me 'mads' no one ever calls me that nickname.

I turned around and scowled at him "two things, twat" I cleared my throat as a couple was staring at us and kinda made me feel uncomfortable but I don't care anymore "don't call me 'Mads' it's Maddie to you! And, it's also rude to cheat on your soon to be wife— hit you obviously don't care about that or her. You dickhead" I pointed at him turning back around. He grunted, he made his way to the seat I'm saying for Sarah which was opposite me and he sat down. He shook his head "I can't tell her you know that" he looked at me softly. I turned my gaze to all the people walking by this store laughing and joking. Some with their boyfriends and girlfriends looking happy.

"I'm sorry for last week too..." he says softly "I really didn't mean what I said"

My eyes watered slowly, I nodded not replying.
He asked hurt, but chuckled to cover it up "aren't you gonna talk"
"I don't want to talk" I mumbled "I'm better at listening than talking"
He nodded, "I was angry. So angry. I'm scared, I can't lose Amelia. All I've ever wanted was to find a woman like her. And I finally have, and I will marry her. I'm happy-"

"Can't be too happy or you wouldn't have cheated... u mean coke on seriously now, why would you cheat on her. She's absolutely gorgeous, and has the kindest heart. Why would you cheat on her with someone like me?"

He frowned "i thought you was better at listening?" He raised a questioning brow, then begged "let me talk"
He sighed and rubbed his legs as a woman brought him his drink— a iced frappe.
"Thank you" he smiled up at her, politely.

He looked at me sipping on his drink "I feel bad for what happened. I really do. I'm not a nice fiancé, I shouldn't of ever done it, I shouldn't of ever cheated on her. But because I shouldn't of done it— doesn't mean I have regret it. I enjoyed my night with you.. I really did. I had a lot of fun, and I hope you did too..." he looked at me with his soft brown eyes.

Is he being serious?! He has a fiancé, he cheated on her with me, yet he's sat here with me in Starbucks saying he had a good time with me and he doesn't regret it?! When he has a beautiful fiancé at home?! That's INSANE!!

"I guess it's just unfortunate how we now live next to each other as it's made the situation 100 times worse" he sighed. He grabbed his drink and was getting ready to stand up "again, Maddie, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean anything I said to you..."

I'm starting to get stressed out "look!..." I breathed "build a bridge, and get over it. I'm done with this situation, I'm done with you! It won't be long until I leave this country anyways. So I won't be ruining or causing problems for your soon to be marriage, for much longer" I say stressed out. I stand up and push in front of everyone stood at the collection point for the drinks.
"Is my order ready?" I asked the girl that served me.
She nodded and smiled "yeah.. wait a sec" she turned around and grabbed the two drinks from the counter. She handed them to me "thank you" I smiled and walked past the cue again. Most people in the cue was mumbling to themselves or whoever they was with how much of a bitch and how much of a cunt I am.

Hun, I know.

I walked past Michael without looking at him.
I decided to wait for Sarah outside the shop.

She finally turns up looking exhausted.. like she's just ran here.
"Take your time why don't you?! Damn!" I say sarcastically
"Shut it..." she warned and grabbed her drink from my grip.

"What's wrong with you anyway?" She asked sipping on her hot chocolate.
As we walked around the mall, I told her what's just happened with Michael and I.