"Evan. Breathe. Don't worry. I don't think you're a freak whatsoever," Michael reassured.  

      Evan inhaled, and exhaled slowly.

"R-really?"

"Yeah. I have..." he trailed off.

      Should he really tell Evan about his own mental health issues? Evan already has enough on his plate. If Michael told Evan about his own problems, Evan would just worry about him instead of himself. 

"I have a friend who has anxiety and depression."

      Evan nodded, but then his brows furrowed.

"B-but how did you know about m-me?"

"I know a bit about medication," he shrugged.

      Lies. He already knew about Evan's anxiety and depression, and his mama has ADHD and narcolepsy. She has the same prescription. 

      Evan smiled slightly, and cleared his throat.

"S-so you said you're a junior?"

      Michael nodded, and the conversation stared from there. 

       Apparently the two boys went to the same school, just never noticed. They've probably glanced over each other from time to time, just never realized it. They had different classes, and when they did have the same classes, they would be with different teachers or different periods. This had Michael and Evan rapidly talking. 

"Wait wait wait wait wait. How did I never notice you at lunch? Or in the hallway?"

       Evan shrugged. 

"I-I try to be as unnoticeable as p-possible. And I get to c-class pretty fast too. A-and I eat outside on the field behind a tree." 

"And I eat inside," Michael muttered. 

"T-this just proves how invisible I am," Evan mumbled. 

      Michael instantly shook his head with a frown.

"Evan, no. This proves that you hide yourself, because you're afraid," he corrected, stepping closer to him again. 

"What d-do you mean?"

"You're afraid of stepping out, because you're worried about what people will think of you."

      Evan's breathing hitched, and for the first time, his eyes willingly met Michael's.

"What... what makes you say that?" he sighed. "H-how could you tell?"

      Michael smiled, and shrugged.

"I read people easily. But Evan, it's not society and the world that isn't giving you a chance, it's yourself."

"W-what?"

      Michael sat down on the right side of the bed, right arm replaced by Evan's legs, butting his weight on it. 

"You said it yourself. 'I try to be as unnoticeable as possible.' You don't give people a chance, because you're scared people will feel the same way that you feel about yourself."

      Evan's eyes widened, and he played with the hem of his shirt.

"A-are you sure you're n-not a therapist or something?"

      Michael giggled and shook his head, placing his hand on Evan's shoulder. 

"I think you need to give yourself a chance, Evan."