CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
WANNA GO?

CHAPTER SEVENTEENWANNA GO?

DAY TWENTY FOUR

Y/N

We finally reached the mall and I quickly got out of the car. It was suffocating to be in that car with my mom. She wouldn't stop yelling at me and I couldn't stand it.

This is exactly what I wanted to avoid. I didn't want her to know because now she won't shut up about it.

As we walked around the mall, she kept going on and on about how I was making a mistake.

I tried to explain to her but she wouldn't stop talking.

"Mom! Listen to me! I'm only doing this because when it's over, he will finally leave me alone. I know what I got myself into." I exclaimed, turning to face her.

"You two looked like an actual couple when I picked you up. I don't want to see you hurt. Not again." She tells me and I let out a sigh.

"Mom, we need people to believe it that's why we looked like that. I won't get let myself get hurt. This isn't like what happened with Minho because I don't love or even like Chan." I tell her.

It felt wrong to tell her that I didn't like Chan. It felt like a lie. I can't be in love with Chan, I just can't.

"Okay, I trust you. What store do you wanna go to?" She asks, changing the subject. I smile and drag her towards Forever 21. It was my favorite store at the mall.

——

By the time, Mom and I had gotten home, Dad had just finished cooking dinner. I give him a smile before I ran up my room to put my bags away.

I took my phone out of my backpack and saw that I had a few messages from Chan. I went to messages and opened them.

Chan

Hope I didn't get you in trouble
with your mom

Also, don't know if I told yet but
you looked beautiful today

Text me when you're home <3

I couldn't help but break out into a huge grin. I go to respond when Minho bursts into my room. "Are you coming to eat or not?" He asks when I look up at him.

"No, my mom and I already ate before we got home." I answered and looked back my phone.

Chan

Wasn't in too much trouble but did
end up telling her it's fake

And thank you <3

I closed my phone after sending the messages, my heart beating against my chest.

I laid back on my bed, staring at the ceiling. I hated feeling this way because in the end, it would hurt. m

Nothing about this would end well.

I've seen enough movies and read enough books to know that he's either going to feel the same or won't. That's just reality of this.

One of us is going to get hurt. There's absolutely no denying it. It's gonna happen one way or another.

I just didn't want it to be. I can't go through another heartbreak. I reached for my phone just as I heard it ding with a message.

Chan

Of course, princess

Wanna go to a party tonight?

Ah... I don't know, Chan

Parties aren't my thing

It'll be fun. I'll stay by your side
all night, I promise

Fine, I'll go but I'm not drinking

Didn't expect you too

Pick you up at 8

Okay

I turn off my phone, a small smile still on my lips. I wasn't going to lie, I was a little excited for this. I looked at the time. It was 6 so I had two hours to get ready.

I walked over to my closet, my eyes instantly landing on my white cotton dress. It was one of my favorites that I barely ever wore.

I grabbed it off the hanger, lying it on my bed. I grabbed my white converse from the bottom of my closet, placing them by my bed.

I never wore heels unless absolutely necessary. It was not necessary in this case.

I quickly grabbed a towel and hopped in the shower.

As I was in the shower, I thought back to the day I agreed to do this with Chan. Why did I agree?

I couldn't have just agreed because he said he would leave me alone. There's no way that was the reason because as much as I hated him annoying me, it was always kind of fun to get under his skin.

Maybe I liked him even before and just didn't know? It's possible that I pushed the feelings down the far that I didn't recall them.

I shake my head, pushing out those thoughts and finish up in the shower.

After I finished putting on my outfit, I walked back into the bathroom and curled my hair. When I was satisfied with my hair, I just added a coat of lip gloss to my lips.

I hear a knock on my bedroom door as I tie my shoes.

"Come in!" I exclaim, switching to tie my other shoe.

"Hey, your dad left- where are you going?" I hear Minho ask and I look up after I finish with my shoes.

"Chan is taking me somewhere." I answered, reaching my phone that was plugged in on my nightstand. It was almost eight which meant I had taken longer to get ready than I initially thought.

"Well, you look nice." I walked over the closet to grab a jacket. It was more of a cardigan but it was warm and would keep out the cold, it also matched with the same white color of my dress.

"Thank you." I smiled, pushing past him to go downstairs. As soon as I reached the last step, my phone dinged. It was Chan telling me that he was outside. "I'm leaving, don't wait up! Love you!" I shouted through the house and headed outside.

Totally wasn't nervous at all.