CHAPTER EIGHT

CHAPTER EIGHT
LOVE ME

DAY TWO

WOOJIN

My life hasn't always been easy. My mom left my family when I was six and then my dad died when I was eight leaving me with my uncle. It's not that I didn't like my uncle but I didn't want to be left with him. He wasn't a fun person to be around.

He was always stressed which made him drink. When he drank, I got hurt.

His anger and stress was taken out on me. It still is taken out on me and every time it's worse. The first and second time he hit me, I was confused because I was still young and just thought I had done something to upset him. The third time, I knew that it wasn't me.

I tired to fight back and it ended up worse for me. That's when I told someone and it was Y/N. I told Y/N and from there on every time he hit me, I went to her.

I wish I didn't get her involved every time but I needed someone to lean on and that was her.

She's always been there for me and whenever she came to me with a problem I was there. We were best friends and we have been since we were five.

She was there when my mom left and when my dad died. I'm surprised she's still with me right now after everything. I felt like a burden towards her even when she told me I wasn't.

It truly hurt whenever she cried because of me. I felt horrible for making her cry because of my problems. I knew she was afraid that one day he'll go too far and I hated that she felt that way.

It broke my heart to see her cry. It hurt to see her in pain.

What hurts even more is knowing that she won't love me the way I love her. I'm just the best friend and I always have and will be. I knew she could never return the feeling when she got her first boyfriend and it became more obvious the day I kissed her and she left.

What was I even thinking? Kissing her? I regretted doing that to her. I shouldn't have done that but I did and it hurt to watch her leave.

It hurt to know that Y/N would only ever see me as a best friend but it wasn't surprising. Now she's with Chan and I know it's fake but it still hurt.

I just hope that someday I'll get over it. I know I will because there's always someone else out there for you.

• • • •

Y/N

I sat at the lunch table with a Chan's group of friends and they were honestly really funny. Felix told the worst jokes and made references to memes a lot. Seungmin was quiet and reserved but nice.

Jeongin was absolutely adorable. He tried to be intimidating and it didn't work. Changbin was really sweet but always looked like he was ready to kill someone.

Pretty much the same with the rest of them. They all seemed different from how they did in the halls or in class. It's like their personality's changed when it's just them as group together but quickly changed back when someone came by.

It was interesting and pulled me in a little more. They are all like different people until someone else comes near them. I wondered if they were like this outside school.

I already knew about Chan and Minho but was it the same with the others?

"Y/N!" Chan's voice breaks me out of my trance and I look around the table. Everyone was staring at me and I felt a blush form on my cheeks. "Are you okay?" He asks softly.

"Yeah, I'm good sorry. I just zoned out for a minute." I answered and he sent me a small smile. I smiled back and he grabbed my hand.

"You two are so cute, it makes me sick." Seungmin spoke up and everyone bursts out laughing. Seungmin only ever spoke up to say some type of snarky comment.

It was always funny or sometimes made me want to strangle him. It was weird.

"Shut up, Seungmin." Chan spoke back at Seungmin taking a grape from my lunch box and flicking it at Seungmin who faked being hurt. "I hate all of you." Chan grumbled when we all laughed at Seungmin's reaction.

This was fun.