CHAPTER THIRTEEN

CHAPTER THIRTEEN
FALLING

TIME SKIP
DAY TEN

CHAN

It's been ten days since the deal was made and I loved every moment I had spent with Y/N. I knew I was falling but I didn't want to stop either. I was happy with her but I couldn't tell her that.

I couldn't let her know that I was falling.

I had to shove all those feelings down because I knew that she wouldn't fall for me in the slightest bit. She may act like she could have feelings for me but I know there's none there. Ever since I met her in middle school, I could never get her to take a liking to me.

To her I will always be the guy who dated her best friend and broke her. To her I'm the guy that caused her only friend to move because I broke her. To her I'm nothing but a trouble maker.

I wanted to be more to her but I knew that would never be the case. I knew that it doesn't matter how hard I try. I would still always be the guy who did all those horrible things. I would always be the guy that was incapable of love.

I want to change. I want to show her that I can but every time I try she doesn't care. In her eyes I can never change. In everyone's eyes, I can never change.

I had to deal with that because of the choices I made. Doesn't mean I like it or myself for it but I have to deal with it.

"How's he doing?" I ask when I pick up Y/N on Friday morning to go to school. Minho was out of the hospital but he had to be watched so we took him to Y/N's. Her parents are okay with it because they watched Minho grow up and always had a guest room just for him.

"Better. He finally ate solid food and the face he made when I finally gave him coffee. He looked like an excited cat." She answers. "I'm just glad he's okay. I thought- thought that with the way he looked in the hospital he wouldn't make it." A small smile forms on her face.

"That's good. When do you think he can come back to school?" I ask as we drive down the road. She lived about ten minutes away from school but on Fridays, I drove a little slower because I wouldn't see her for the rest of the day and Saturday. It's only like this because she reserved Friday's and Saturday's with Woojin.

I didn't mind it because I know they're best friends and I literally had no right to say anything on the matter.

"Probably next month. We want to give him as much time as needed to get better. We tried to call his parents but they never answered. It wasn't even there number anymore. I even went to their house but they don't live there anymore. It took a few days for Woojin and I to finally figure it out. They were dead and have been for a while."

"You didn't know?"

"No, I- he never told me. It would explain why he suddenly had to move. He just told me that he didn't want to deal with his parents which I knew wasn't true. They are- were the sweetest people ever. I remember when I first met them." Y/N explains and I look over at her when I stopped at a light.

Tears were brimming in her eyes so I shifted in my seat a little and placed a hand on her cheek, gently making her look at me.

"Hey, it's okay. It will be okay." I tell her in a whisper. She nods before turning to face the front again. "Cry if you need too. It's okay." I told her and began to drive again when the light switched over.

"I'm okay. I just- I just thought he would've told me so I could have gone to say goodbye o-or at least helped him through it. He must've been so broken. I- I mean how did I not know? How could I not have known?"

"Those are all questions that you need to talk to him about."

"I know. I just- I don't want to bring it up right now when he's trying to heal from the accident." She signs and leans more into the chair. I could feel her stare at me but I couldn't turn my head to look at her.

I notice her hand reach out and she brushes a piece of hair back. "Uh sorry, it was bothering me."

"I-it's okay." I clear my throat a little too loud but if she noticed, she didn't say anything. We finally pulled up into the parking lot and I parked directly in the front.

"Can you give me a ride after school?" She asks when we get out of the car and make our way inside.

"Yeah but aren't you going to hang out with Woojin?" I reach out for her hand and intertwined our fingers together.

"Well yeah but he's coming to my house today to also see Minho. He's stopping by the apartment first for a little bit before he comes over." She answers.

"Ah okay. Yeah, just uh meet me by my car after school. I have to stay back in Mr. Kim's class for a few minutes because of something I did yesterday." I told her.

"What'd you do?"

"The window was open and I saw sitting by it and when I stretched out my leg to stand up when the bell rang, I knocked something important out of it." I explained. We walked into the student council room and she took a seat. I looked at her and she's laughing lightly.

"You're the one who broke the computer because it got kicked out the window? Oh, that's great." She pulled out her own computer.

"It was an accident!"

"I know! And by the way Mr. Kim isn't even supposed to hold students back anymore." I give her a questioning look. "Don't ask. Seriously do not ask." She says putting on her glasses and tying her hair up in a messy ponytail. She pulled out some parts in the front to frame her face.

"Cute." I muttered.

"What?"

"Nothing."

I was definitely falling.