CHAPTER TWO

CHAPTER TWO
OLD FRIENDS

Y/N

The assembly went as planned. There were a couple mistakes here and there, mostly from Chan. He did good on his part but he made a few side comments about certain things, while someone was talking. Now, it was lunch but I was walking down the hall to the student council room. I had some more things to do for the dance.

"Y/N!" I hear a voice call out from behind me. Recognizing the voice, I walked faster. I was almost to the room when a hand clasped around my wrist.

"What do you want, Minho?" I ask yanking my wrist out of his grip. Lee Minho, one of Chan's friends. He recently became his friend though. Last year, he was my best friend and boyfriend, but that obviously ended. It wasn't much of a mutual break up but I was never truly upset over the break up.

He had broke up with me for some girl named Angela. Seeing him though did hurt because I lost my best friend. I lost him to a complete asshole.

"You did good today during the assembly," He smiled. Rolling my eyes as I scoffed looking at him as I asked,

"That's all? You just wanted to say I did good during the assembly?" He nervously scratched the back of his neck and I began to walk away. He ran up behind me grabbing my hand to stop me from moving. "Minho, leave me alone." I spoke softly looking into his eyes.

"Y/N,"

"No, just stop talking to me. There's nothing you need from me and nothing I need from you." I cut him off and continued down the hall. I fixed my glasses as I entered the student council room.

I took a seat in my chair, taking my glasses off as I felt tears build up in my eyes. I rubbed violently at my eyes to stop the tears from falling.

"Now, why is the school's president crying?" I heard a voice ask and I let out a noise of surprise looking over to see Chan. Glaring at him I ask,

"What the hell are you doing in here?"

"I was told to come drop off some papers and go back to class but I didn't feel like sitting through the rest of Biology so I stayed here." He answered shrugging his shoulders leaning back in the chair behind the teachers desk. I rolled my eyes at him turning back around. "Now, why're you crying?"

"None of your business, Christopher." I hissed.

"Ouch my full name. Does it have to do with a certain ex?" He asks. I don't have to turn around to know he's smirking. I don't answer him and he takes my silence as a yes to his question. "You miss him, don't you?"

"A little, he was my best friend." I mumbled looking at the papers Chan placed in front of me just a few seconds ago. I grab my glasses putting them on as I scanned through the paper. The room fell silent as I read through it and took out my pen to sign off on it. It was an idea for a fundraiser for the school's drama club and I wasn't going to say no to that. I couldn't say no to something like that.

"Are you going to leave?" I ask turning my head to look at Chan. He sat in the chair next to me this time just staring at me. Suddenly, he reaches forward and tucks a strand of hair, that fell in front of my face, behind my ear. My mouth parted a little and he quickly retracted his hand.

"Yeah, uh just return that paper to Mrs. Kim." He walked out of the room, leaving me confused. Why did he do that? I shrugged it off and went back to the look at some other papers. The door opened causing me to look at up. Upon seeing who entered the room I spoke,

"Leave."

"No, Y/N, just let me explain."

"There's nothing for you to explain, Minho. You became friends with Chan and cheated on me with another girl before that. I forgave you for that and then you ruin it. What could you possibly have to explain?" I asked standing up from my chair.

"I'm allowed to make new friends, Y/N. So, yeah I made friends with Chan. I'm sorry I cheated on you with someone else, that was a mistake. I just- I don't understand why we couldn't stay friends. Is it because I broke up with you?"

"No, I don't care about that. I'm completely fine with that, I was never truly hurt but god I lost my best friend. You don't understand why we still aren't friends? Ask yourself. It's all on you. You stopped hanging out with me to go hang out with Chan. I still wanted my best friend but obviously you felt differently." I explained.

"Y/N, I just-"

"I don't want to hear it, Minho." I cut him off and left the room after gathering all my things.

Why did you have to show up?