CHAPTER TWELVE

CHAPTER TWELVE
ACCIDENT

WOOJIN

Pain was all I felt as I opened my eyes. Blinded by the light above me, I closed my eyes once again. I heard a door open and papers be flipped. I slowly opened my eyes and turned my head towards the source of noise. I groaned in my pain as I turned my head.

"Oh, good you are awake." A voice speaks and I let my eyes adjust to the light.

"W-what happened?" I asked not realizing how dry my throat is and immediately regretted speaking.

"You were in an accident. Your friend that was driving is in surgery." The doctor answered, handing me a cup of water. I took it and slowly sat up. I noticed a cast on my left arm and cursed under my breath.

"You do have a broken arm, as you can tell, you also have a concussion, along with three broken ribs so we'll be keeping you over night for observation."

"Minho, watch out!"

"Fuck!"

"Mr. Kim? Are you okay?" The doctors voice snapped me out of my trance. I looked at him and nodded before asking,

"Why can't I remember the accident?"

"That would probably have to do with your concussion. Bits and pieces should return to you in the next couple days." He explains and suddenly there's shouting in the hall and I see Doctors rushing down the hall. "I'll be right back." He says quickly leaving the room.

I wished I could get up to see what was happening but I couldn't because of all the wires connected to me. I could only sit and wait to find out what was happening.

Since Minho was in surgery, I could only hope that it wasn't him they were screaming about. I hated the thought of him even dying.

"M-minho, y-you have to help him first."

"Where is he?"

"S-still in the car. P-please, he- he can't die."

The door opened and I looked up to see the same doctor that was in here just a few minutes before, I still didn't know his name. The only difference was that he walked in, looking like he just came from a surgery and looked at me sadly.

Soon a nurse walked in and unhooked all the wires and took out my IV.

"Come on." The doctor whispered as the nurse helped me up. I felt my heart drop at the doctors tone of voice already knowing what's coming. I was helped into a wheelchair. We came to a stop at a door and I felt my entire world crash.

"H-he can't d-die. Y-you have to h-help him, p-please don't let him die."

"I-is he awake? I-is he okay? P-please tell me he's okay."

"He's stable but until the anesthesia wears off we won't know anything else. Best thing to do right now is hope that he does wake up soon." The doctor explains. "Would you like to go in?"

"Yeah, I would." I answered and he rolled me into the room. I sat at Minho's bedside listening the beeping of the heart monitor. The doctor had left the room leaving me alone with Minho. "You gotta wake up, okay? I need you to wake up." I whispered taking his hand.

"Wooj?" I heard a voice behind me speak up and I turned my head to see Y/N. "Oh my god." She whispers walking into the room all the way, shutting the door. "I-Is he-"

"No, no he's not. The doctor said he's stable and the anesthesia should wear off soon." I answered.

The door opens again and I turn my head once again seeing Chan. "Why is he here?" I sneered.

"I was with him when I got the call and we rushed straight here." She answered as he walked up to her, taking her hand in his. I just nodded not liking the fact that he's here but turned my attention back to Minho.

"Wake up." I whispered.

Three hours. I stayed by Minho's side for three hours and he didn't wake up.

Y/N and Chan left an hour ago because her parents wanted her home. I never once left. I needed to be here when he wakes up. I had to be here when he wakes up.

"Woojin?"