The moment my hand touched her face, she seized my arm and flung me over her shoulder.

"Guess who?" I tried to smile but the pain made me instantly grimace.

"Karma? Why did you sneak up behind me like that?!" She exclaimed and dashed over to help me up. She extended her hand to me and I took it.

Her hands weren't what I expected. I had expected soft and delicate hands to grasp mine but her hands were littered in blisters and callouses.

How did I not see that before? She does work out, so it's not too weird...

"So what are you planning on doing later on?" I asked as I rubbed my shoulders.

"Oh uh, nothing! Just some studying to do, ya know!" She said and laughed half-heartedly. "Okay, well I gotta go!! I think Oreo's hungry so I better rush home to feed her!"

After talking about her cat, (Y/n) rushed away from me and towards the direction of our homes.

She's a weird one, isn't she? I thought with a smile etched onto my face. So some reason the smile had not faded even when I got home.

From the instant I got home, I started studying for the imminent exams.

After studying for a few minutes, I heard a honk so I peered out of the window to see the same sleek black car drive into (Y/n)'s driveway.

That's the third time this week. Who is driving that car? I know her mom's car is white.

Then I saw (Y/n) herself walking out of her house and towards the vehicle.

"Hey (Y/n), whatcha doing over there~?" I asked with my signature grin as I poked my head out of my window.

"What do you want Karma?" She asked as if she was in a hurry.

"Why don't you look sketchy, walking towards a black car?" I grinned in amusement and turned my gaze towards the car.

"The car belongs to my friend, now I have better things to do right now, so see ya." The girl finished and made her way into the car. The car swiftly drove away and it was as if it never came.

I pushed everything to the back of my mind and continued to study. I didn't even notice that an hour had passed until I heard the doorbell ring.

I went downstairs to check who was at the door. I peeked through the hole and saw (Y/n)'s mother acting all nervously.

I opened the door and greeted my neighbour, "hello Ms, (L/n), can I do something for you?"

I don't know why but for some odd reason I want to make a good impression.

"Karma! Have you seen (Y/n) anywhere? She texted me that she got home an hour ago so I decided to ask my boss if I could leave my shift early to spend some quality time with her. Can you imagine what the reaction I had when I got home to an empty house with a lonely cat?" Her mother's words spilled out of her mouth.

"I saw her getting into the car of a friend and she went off somewhere."

"A friend? She didn't tell me she had headed out! Oh no, is this what they call the rebellious phase? I didn't think it would happen to (Y/n)! She's such a good girl!"

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. This lady is just as weird as (Y/n).

I stood there as Ms. (L/n) turned around and started to mumble to herself, "that girl is going to be in big trouble when she gets home!"