19 | Rescue Time

[NOT EDITED]

LAST TIME ON BAKABANE...

"Any last words (Y/n) (L/n)? It's a shame because your pretty face would give us a fine amount of money."

"Fuck you."

He cocked his gun and pointed it at me.

Well, I guess this is it. Assassins die every day in our agency, I just never thought I would be one of them.

"Goodbye, vermin." He said as I waited for my death.

What I did not anticipate was that a certain redhead and a certain octopus were right outside the door.

THIRD POV

The (h/c)-haired girl knelt and awaited for her demise without a hint of emotion showing.

From the moment she started to train to become an assassin, X had instructed her to be detached from her emotions. Some agents were not able to and had night terrors that kept them awake until they went insane. (Y/n) was one of the perfect agents. She was able to disconnect from her human emotions when she went on her missions but was able to reconnect with them once again once she was surrounded by the people she loves.

(Y/n)'s life had seemingly flashed before her eyes. Cliche right?

Her mind immediately thought of her parents. Although they were separated, she loved them tremendously and apologized as she could not keep her promise of helping her mother have a nice retirement. She cherished all the times her mother cheered her up whenever something brought her down and all those times when her dad would ship her goodies from around the world. She was glad to have such amazing and loving parents in her life.

Then Karma flashed into her head.

It was an odd and peculiar occurrence as she had pretty much just met the boy. (Y/n) couldn't deny that although she hated his guts at times, there was always something that pulled her towards him, like an imaginary rope that tied them together.

She remembered her first encounter with him on the hill as it had been her first day at Kunugigaoka Academy. She remembered how he had constantly bothered her to no end and she had kicked his ass whenever he got too annoying. Karma was an anomaly, he was everything she hated, but for some reason, she ALWAYS found him attractive and it bothered her.

One thing she regretted was that she wouldn't be able to see him or have sleepovers with him ever again.

Oh well, she thought, maybe I'll just haunt him as a ghost.

Why is this guy taking forever to shoot me? I'm questioning his position as a gang leader and murderer now.

BAM!

The gunshot rang through the walls of the warehouse.

"Now, now, now, I can't have you killing my precious student~" A familiar voice spoke out.

The girl's eyes shot open to see one of Koro-sensei's tentacles in front of her which had blocked the bullet.

"EHH? KORO-SENSEI?!" She hollered in surprise, "and... KARMA?"

3 hours ago...

Karma's POV

After skipping class, I started to walk home by myself. For some odd reason, I can't get (Y/n) out of my mind.

Maybe I shouldn't have skipped today, then I'd be able to see her.

"Speak of the devil," I mumbled to myself when I saw my neighbour walking in-front of me. I quietly snuck behind her and covered her eyes with my hand.