16 | Acting Time (Preview)

I won't be able to update in a while so... take this:

Third Person POV

The lobby was full of men and women wearing business suits parading around like they owned the place.

The man at the front desk was taking phone calls as a "woman" walked towards his desk.

"Excuse me." The "woman" asked the man, who seeing from his name tag was called Robert.

Robert didn't hesitate in what he was doing, he continued to talk on the phone as if the woman had not greeted him.

"I understand. Will do. Bye, have a good day sir." The man put down the phone and looked at the "woman".

"How may I help yo—"

The man was stunned at the woman. She seemed to look very young, but her make up and figure said differently. There was a subtle air of beauty that reeked out of the lady.

"Uh, yes, hello, I heard there were jobs open here at this law firm." The lady asked with a certain poise that attracted many gazes around the lobby.

"Oh! Yes... I'll need a name and you'll need to fill in this sheet." He answered as he handed a sheet clipped to a clipboard.

"Thank you very much." The woman thanked and left to fill out the clipboard.

After a few minutes, she came back with a fully filled out form.

"Everything looks good, please follow me." Robert said and got up and started to lead the woman towards a room in the left hall. He knocked twice and a muffled 'come in' came from the other side of the door. The woman noticed from looking at the door knob that the door was able to be locked from the outside.

"Please proceed." Robert opened the door and the woman walked into the room, after her body was fully in the room, he closed the door and locked it. "What a catch..." he said as he looked at the name on the information sheet, "(Y/n) Bakabane. What a fitting name for such a stupid girl."

Back in the room, (Y/n) stood prepared for anything that were to happen, making sure not to blow her cover as well.

"So... Ms. Bakabane, I've heard that you want to apply for a job here at this illustrious institution. What makes you the better candidate over the hundreds of thousands of applications we get over a year." The man sitting by the desk.

Why does this seem like a normal interview? Did X fvck something up?

"Well, to start off I graduated at the top of ABC University." I said nonchalantly. "It's in the US, so I can also speak English fluently."

"Certainly fascinating." The man said and smirked, "well congratulations because you got the job."

HA, this fool believed me. The only thing I ever touched about law was this ABC law video for dummies on YouTube.

I felt a presence sneaking up behind me. Then 'unexpectedly' my mouth was covered with a cloth. I pretended to struggle, scream into the cloth and pass out.