Chapter 65: Shopping Sprees

A/N: Aidelsa fluff x Shopping Spree. The picture above (Grimfrost) and below (Hellwrath) doesn't belong to me, credits to the one who owns it.

Can I wake up right next to you everyday?

"Nice nap you took there, love." Aiden teased, smiling while his forehead is against hers. The snow queen in his arms smiled groggily back, pressing a kiss to his chin weakly. She stretched a little, before embracing the man in front of her, cursing the blinding daylight the sun loved to give.

"Marketplace, right?" She prompted.

"I'll prepare my arms." Aiden grinned.

"You tease," Elsa laughed, standing up, "Let's go."

She confidently walked by the open field, ready to mount their shared horse—until she realized the fire king was not behind her at all. In fact, he was just there, sitting with his knees hugged, looking at her with round eyes. He smirked once his ever lovely wife approached him once more, her hands on her hips sassily.

"Get up~" Elsa whined.

"No." Aiden pouted, "You gotta kiss me first."

"I kissed you earlier."

"You owe me one more."

"Aiden, come on~"

"I know you want to. I know you too well, my dear wife. I know every inch of you from your head to your toes."

Elsa flustered, "I-idiot."

Aiden chuckled, lifting his backside and finally doing what his queen wished, scooping her up to his arms bridal style. She shrieked and punched his arm helplessly, but knew he doesn't feel any pain from her soft fist. Like he could read her mind, he strongly took one of her balled fists and kissed it, before kissing her completely.

"Mh." he murmured against the skin of her hand. He lifted her up and puts her on a side saddle on their steed, before mounting himself to drive. Elsa rested her head against his chest, wondering the fact why it's so warm and soft when it's just pure muscles.

The horse neighed once Aiden pulled its reins, steering its speed towards the nearby village.

They aren't really that far from the main city, since Aiden kept insisting that nightfall maybe too dangerous for too much distance.

The marketplace was buzzing with lights and activities, each stall having something interesting to look at and buy. It didn't take long for Aiden to lead their horse in a temporary stable.

He gave a quick tip to the stable boy before linking arms with his wife and letting her fawn over  her spotted dress shop.

"How may I help y—your Majesty!" The owner yelped in surprise.

"No need for formalities, please." Elsa smiled politely, "I'm interested in one of your dresses. Do you perhaps have a dress that has a very... Dark, shade of blue?"

The stout lady laughs nervously, "W-well, we do have. But i-it's a bit too skin showing..."

Elsa smirked, her sassy blue eyes now directly staring at the sweating fire king behind her. She beamed at the owner before nodding, "It's alright, madame. I don't mind."

Thus, Aiden knew he is done for.

It took the owner a minute or two to return to the presence of Royalty and hand the glamorous looking dress to the queen.

Elsa checked it eagerly, her fingertips digging through the fabric. She smiled before disappearing to the changing stall.

Aiden tapped his foot patiently, avoiding the awkward awed gaze of the shop owner.

Elsa stepped out of the changing stall, Aiden biting his lip to prevent his jaw from dropping to the floor (okay, that's a bit exaggerated) but took a moment to admire how the dress hugged every curve of his wife so damn tightly, his fists balling and he was almost sure he would draw blood by how hard his nail dug.

The dress is made out of satin fabric, and what's so skin showing about it, you ask? It was the slit on the left leg.  It's not too daring, but it does give a good view of— Aiden, for gods sakes stop it.

"What do you think, lover?" Elsa innocently twirled, "Does it look good on me?"

Hell yeah it does. I want you to wear that everyday.

"O-of course, snowflake." Aiden tried to hide the excited grin on his face but failed miserably, almost looking like the Cheshire cat but less creepy.

"Hm." Elsa hummed, taking out her wallet, "I'll take it. How much?"
____________________________________

"It's shipped from Spain truly, sire. It would make a great slicer for fencing dummies."

Aiden swung the ultra thin sword, "Indeed it would. I have a good grip on it. Do you also have a titanium shield? I would very much like to replace my bent one."

"B-bent? I haven't heard that a man can bend something so firm as titanium!"

"Apologies. Captain Lars and I take our duels too seriously."

Elsa suppressed a giggle from the priceless look of the bladesmith's face while his customer just shrugged casually. A paper bag hung from her fingers, consisting the dress she bought with delight. She bought two different colored ones for Anna and her mother whom she knew would squeal over the new clothing.

"Would you like to try something new, sire?" The bladesmith offered.

"Do tell." Aiden folded his arms curiously.

"Would you like to try out a spear instead of a sword? It does bring a good challenge in a duel."

Aiden tapped his chin before grinning, "Show me your most expensive spears."

The bladesmith's expression lit up, taking off a dusty blanket that covered something beneath. A glass case protected two, long spears that bore two resemblances.

The left one symbolized the element fire more, since its edge has the color of ashes while its very blade has mixed colors of active embers and flowing ice. Its body is made out of pure, sturdy iron.

The right one bears a very warrior vibe of ice. The body looks like it's all frosted over, almost fooling onlookers that it is purely made out of thin ice, but apparently it's colored hardwood. Its blade resembled a curvy but sharp structure, a gem on the center between two iron wings. A chain as a shoulder sling dangled at the spear's displayed position.

"May I proudly present to you, your majesties, the finest spears in the country. Hellwrath and Grimfrost."

And Grimfrost happened to catch Elsa's eye.
____________________________________

"I can't wait to duel with you!"

"I only intend to duel if no work is left on our desks."

"But still! I mean, I don't regret buying Hellwrath and Grimfrost! They might be of good use in the future."

"I can't help but agree with you—Aiden, let's go to the chocolate shop!"

"Wha—"

"No protests, lover, and we're running out of supply, you can ask Gerda—OH MY GOODNESS THEY'RE ON SALE!"